Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

All geared up: my all-seasons all-purpose T6 Ocean interior & organisation :

Auberg-ine

Auberg-ine

Is it an office? Is it a lounge? Is it a camper?
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
scubapro-m8-schroef-plus-vleugelmoer-plus-onderlegring-voor-single-tank-adapter-paar.jpg

Just with flat bolts and nuts. Drill 1 hole/jar through the ceiling of the cabinet.
Beware, It will affect eventual resale conditions,
but for the better! ;-)
Take the biggest washers you find, to avoid that the lid gets bent.
I found these plastic jars in the salad corner of the supermarket. They are light but still quite firm. Also Important is that the lids have an easy 1-turn large screw. You don't want to fiddle up there each time you put them back on.

Auberg-ine

Auberg-ine

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Since lots of us bought the Sosmar drainer for the fridge, and since we only can use the drainer, and not the accompanying tray for ventilation reasons, and since lots are looking for an extra little table beside the kitchen cabinet, I got the drill out again... ;-)
tray.jpg7120A365-3066-4CEB-ABEC-7E3D7FBB9225.jpg

step 1: move one towel rail bracket towards the center of the rail:

IMG-3952.jpg

Step 2: put some ink at the 2 towel tops with a marker and present the tray on it, touching the B-pilar, then make 2x 8mm holes with a wood drill (pin), where the marker dots left a trace at the tray, and put the tops through them:

IMG-3957.jpg

Step 3: open a bottle of wine, and cut a part of the cork, the same thickness as the plug. Stick it behind the left bracket. Et voilà!

Auberg-ine side table kitchen b.jpg
Auberg-ine side table kitchen a.jpg

Last edited:
M

marchugo

This is against our rules. Everything in the Cali has to have a dual function at least.
Why not rebuild the grey board above the sink to act as a tray? The brackets could be sunk in the sink.

btw what is this dog food in your plate...

Regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.

Auberg-ine

Auberg-ine

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
This is against our rules. Everything in the Cali has to have a dual function at least.
Why not rebuild the grey board above the sink to act as a tray? The brackets could be sunk in the sink.

btw what is this dog food in your plate...

Regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.
Of course there's a multiple use: my front passenger eats his oat flake biscuits on it while driving, avoiding spilling when eating like a dog,......
Also the towel rail gets a double use this way.
Also, that board will not avoid dripping at your lap.
Also, the sink board (heat proof High Density Board) is too deep. Especially since personally I will rarely turn my driver seat.
IMG-3977.jpg
Also, if not the tray would be laying in the garage, and you know I like the garage quite empty,... ;-)

The tray just fits right under the box between the two seats, so no storage space spilled.
I expected having to add two little screws through the brackets right above the tray, to avoid flipping over but seems there's not even a need to do so, thanks to the fit of the profile of the tray and the brackets.

Last edited:
P

Polomint

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Do you think this would be strong enough to take the weight of a kettle?

Auberg-ine

Auberg-ine

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
The kettle I would put on the heat-resistant board, a bit further from your lap, no?
But I tested it with 2l of water, and a towel between the tray and the armrest. (edit: simply raised the armrest). Piece of oat cake.

IMG-3971.jpg
You could use it for an electric boiler or little expresso machine though (the plugs remain free), and not sit underneath it.
Obviously, the free-hanging corner bends a bit with an extra bottle at that position.

Last edited:
Auberg-ine

Auberg-ine

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Tempted to add a grip right under the glove compartment lid, like I did for the can holder at the sliding door (#48).IMG-3973.jpg
For when parked at the Drive-in Theatre or McDonalds of course!
One could even use it as a sunshade, or bird feeding board,...? Who knows, perhaps they might like a BigMac or some dog food ;-)
IMG-3974.jpg IMG-3972.jpg
Pict with tray perfect fit underneath the box between seats. (Edit: this also means that this box perfectly fits in the fridge, to be filled with crushed ice for just enough summer Mojito's! :cool: )

Edit: 2 little black screws do the job:
Auberg-ine dashboard table grip a.jpg Auberg-ine dashboard table grip b.jpg
(Edit: in the very hypothetical case that you might do something completely illegal, like driving on desolated highways with the tray installed at the dash, you do need to put these 2 little bolts in the brackets as suggested above, so that the tray clicks in the bracket. if not the tray tends to slowly creep out of the tops due to vibrations).

Last edited:
Camperfamily

Camperfamily

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
@Auberg-ine how did you modify the towel rail bracket inward? The brackets on my towel rail don’t seem to move (easily)

Auberg-ine

Auberg-ine

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Just keep further twisting the brackets. The end caps come off.
I was wrong in my previous sequence description. Step 1 should be the opening of the bottle ;-)

IMG-3996.jpg

Edit: the little bolt I was talking about. I also cut a little 'V' at the end of the bracket, fitting the screws at the glove compartment, so that the brackets can no longer be moved horizontally. It all survived a pretty rough driving test at cobblestones. Not that I would ever dare to drive like this later on, of course ;-)

Last edited:
Auberg-ine

Auberg-ine

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
As a reward for the hard labor
CB9BA19B-324B-4CBE-92C9-727BD84993DB_1_105_c.jpeg, we threw a party!
Auberg-ine Club 1.jpg Auberg-ine Club 2.jpg
'Sunware' multi-boxes ( #350) as perfect fit for the fridge, to be filled with ice for a night of cocktailing!
Backlit bar counter lights see #133. Rest of the party equipment coming from my son's 'gear'. :cool:
Auberg-ine Club 3.jpg
Cocktail Card: Blue Ocean, Heart of the Ocean, Ocean Mist,... Here an attempt to make a 'Port&Starboard' celebrating the announcement of the end of our curfew (well, mixed feelings between generations here in the Club ;-)
Soundtrack:

We could have chosen Karma Chameleon... :)

Last edited:
Auberg-ine

Auberg-ine

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Following the thread 'raining in when cooking' I add my own solution here, a combination of the items from #279 (wash line/fridge protector), #282 (footwell bungee), #295 (sunshade). The rail screws and the bungee prevent the shield from flying away. A magnetic strip taped at the cover makes for a gutter.
This way I can just put the flyscreen in, keeping an open view.

Auberg-ine kitchen rain shield.jpg IMG-4551.jpg

Last edited:
Auberg-ine

Auberg-ine

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I don't introduce new items anymore, using all the equipment I have for different purposes. Except for this latest foldable thermobox/bench armrest, following a remark from my son and his girlfriend who complained about 'sliding around' at the bench. This new tablet keeps them in place and peace ;-) And also comes in handy if they look at a movie when on longer trips. The box itself is hooked at the loop in the middle of the bench.

Auberg-ine armrest:storage:pick-nick isobag.jpg Auberg-ine tablet tablet:storage:pick-nick isobag.jpg

Auberg-ine Barrage Hainaut.jpg
Integrated Velcro straps keep it folded very compact (8cm), fitting in my boot shelve boxes. It also appeared to be my best companion on long solo trips. Especially the insulated hatch proved to be very handy.
Auberg-ine isobox folded.jpg IMG-4230.jpg
Or at the picnic,...
Auberg-ine L'Eau d'Heure.jpg

Last edited:
sapto

sapto

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
I don't introduce new items anymore, using all the equipment I have for different purposes. Except for this latest foldable coolbox/bench armrest, following a remark from my son and girlfriend who complained about 'sliding around' at the bench. This new tablet keeps them in place and peace ;-) And also comes in handy if they look at a movie when on longer trips.

View attachment 77779 View attachment 77778

View attachment 77781
Integrated Velcro straps keep it folded very compactly, fitting in my boot shelve boxes. It also appeared to be my best companion on long solo trips. Especially the insulated trap proved to be very handy.
View attachment 77780 View attachment 77783
Or at the picknick,...
View attachment 77782

Does it also fit between driver seats?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk