Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

All geared up: my all-seasons all-purpose T6 Ocean interior & organisation :

BayCatOne

BayCatOne

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
That's a neat litte DIY trick for the bottles. Did you post any pictures of that? I can't seem to find it.

Auberg-ine

Auberg-ine

Is it an office? Is it a lounge? Is it a camper?
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
That's a neat litte DIY trick for the bottles. Did you post any pictures of that? I can't seem to find it.
Thx, but how do you know it's a neat DIY trick if you can't see the added picture under the text?:)

BayCatOne

BayCatOne

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
I was referring to the bottle holder. Is it attached to the blind?

Auberg-ine

Auberg-ine

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I was referring to the bottle holder. Is it attached to the blind?
Oh, ok, Yes, I removed the blind from behind the wardrobe, drilled 4 holes in the side of the niche, and put an elastic through it and made two knots at the side of the wardrobe. Done in 10 minutes. I mostly use it as a newspaper rack.

IMG_E1429 (1).jpg

BayCatOne

BayCatOne

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Well look at that :)
Thanks, it generally slides forward while breaking anyways (over time) so that's a good utility for it.

Steve&Bev

Steve&Bev

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Oh, ok, Yes, I removed the blind from behind the wardrobe, drilled 4 holes in the side of the niche, and put an elastic through it and made two knots at the side of the wardrobe. Done in 10 minutes. I mostly use it as a newspaper rack.

View attachment 39036
Auberg-ine you need to put down the drill, you’re going to hurt somebody!!.... only joking but it would be a fun fact if you tell us how many additional holes your Cali has compared to standard?:)

Auberg-ine

Auberg-ine

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Auberg-ine you need to put down the drill, you’re going to hurt somebody!!.... only joking but it would be a fun fact if you tell us how many additional holes your Cali has compared to standard?:)
Haha, noo, only 28 till now.:Grin And not one I regret! They brought me quite some comfort. As did also the meters of velcro and elastics I used.
Just be careful when drilling into the lower ceiling. In preparation for this I first glued some rubber 'patches' (which I first perforated) at the ceiling, to avoid the drill tearing the fabric.

Hey, our cars can take some punches, don't be scared to customize! ;-)

Aubergine Kuifje.jpg

Last edited:
Auberg-ine

Auberg-ine

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Since I limo-tinted my windows I hardly ever use the blinds. I prefer to be able to see what's happening around me at night. The transparent 'cockpit' I used to close off with a blanket.
But now with my new DIY mesh screen (106x50cm) I can also check the front of the car while keeping my privacy, day or nighttime. When not used it's stored at the right rail.
(edit: I tested the set-up in the middle of the city. I had my laptop on at the table and you couldn't see a thing from outside. The screen is made out of a double-layered mosquito mesh, which creates a 'Moiré effect', difficult to see through from out, but still very well transparent from the inside. Check the difference between the first rail container and the ones just behind the screen)

IMG_E3485.jpg IMG_E3486kopie.jpg IMG_E3491.jpg IMG_E3487.jpg

Edit: Just thinking I also might hang the screen outside, from the left roof rail, as a sun protector for the fridge in summer.

Last edited:
Auberg-ine

Auberg-ine

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
... and finally: The Auberge - Inn in full full-service! ;)

Auberg-ine dash1.jpg

In fact, I only still miss 2 things:
If somebody could find me the person here in Belgium who could change my 'massage'-button joke into a real simple switch to get my audio from mains to leisure, I would be so grateful.
Also interested in Loz's Autowatch Ghost system; must be the time of the year. :Stig
@bxl_lad, Ik zie je nogal handig in die zaken. Je voelt je toevallig niet geroepen? ;)

Last edited:
Steve&Bev

Steve&Bev

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I did not get this at first, check out the symbols on the switches, ha ha....

motacyclist

motacyclist

Colin
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Bottles NEED finishing, doncha know! :D

DrJuanKerr

DrJuanKerr

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I didn't realise it was an option tbh. I thought some superior being would strike me down if I left one unfinished

Auberg-ine

Auberg-ine

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Well, it's not an option not to rest a bit after a bottle Doctor.;)
Therefore my new DIY neck-rest / duvet bags. I always found our headrests too high, especially when you don't have a North-German Teutonic figure like me. At first I found it a bit odd, but comfort won over looks, for the moment. Let's see, still hesitating a bit. Probably not used permanently, but surely when swiveled towards the 'salon' (elastic loop easily hung over the headrests).
And as the obligate double function: when the cushion foam is removed it's also a handy place to store the extra summer duvets.

Auberg-ine Sleeping bags neckrests.jpg
Edit: After some testing I raised a bit the headrest so that the tubes get more integrated than on the pict. Very comfy now.
IMG_E4365.jpg

Last edited:
DrJuanKerr

DrJuanKerr

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Therefore my new DIY neck-rest / duvet bags. I always found our headrests too high, especially when you don't have a North-German Teutonic figure like me. ]
.... that suggests you're more of a Moria or Khazad-dûm stature ;)

M

marchugo

Hi Auberg,

What is the black band aid next to the button on your pic? Is it to prevent the crack in your home wall to grow? Or something hiding your plate number?

Just curious ;-)

Marc.

Auberg-ine

Auberg-ine

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi Auberg,

What is the black band aid next to the button on your pic? Is it to prevent the crack in your home wall to grow? Or something hiding your plate number?

Just curious ;-)

Marc.
Ha, even if the house definitely needs some band-aids, this one is a satellite tracking sign, meant to discourage Khazad-dûm's and other thieves! ;-)

Elly Swanson

Elly Swanson

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150