Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Allen key size for key fob

P

phil keegan

Vehicle
T6 Coast 150
Does anyone know what sized Allen key (or similar) I need for a tiny screw on my key fob that is working loose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
It should be a roll pin, simply press it out / back in with a suitable size implement, it is an interference fit so will require some pressure.

edit: a tiny screwdriver works

Last edited:
Phil,
tried to PM you, cant as you are not a VIP Member.

you may want to edit your photo to remove the key part, the close up of the key is sufficient to identify the key type and allow a spare to be made !

There are companies who will reproduce a key from such a photo. It may represent only a very small risk, but it is a risk nonetheless.
If your vehicle is stolen via the key you are not insured
:thumb

Phil,
tried to PM you, cant as you are not a VIP Member.

you may want to edit your photo to remove the key part, the close up of the key is sufficient to identify the key type and allow a spare to be made !

There are companies who will reproduce a key from such a photo. It may represent only a very small risk, but it is a risk nonetheless.
If your vehicle is stolen via the key you are not insured
:thumb

Thanks

When I’ve worked out how to I’ll delete the post

Thanks

When I’ve worked out how to I’ll delete the post

Not sure you can edit if you are not a VIP !

I’ll report it to @calikev and ask for the post to be removed for security reasons for you.

Edit: reported your original post

edit : get yourself signed up to VIP member, it supports this great site & resource

Not sure you can edit if you are not a VIP !

I’ll report it to @calikev and ask for the post to be removed for security reasons for you.

Edit: reported your original post

edit : get yourself signed up to VIP member, it supports this great site & resource

Thanks again.

I previously accidentally ended up with a VIP Tapatalk account rather than one for the club!

Definitely will ‘join up’ and support as ideas, solutions and general information have been excellent

It should be a roll pin, simply press it out / back in with a suitable size implement, it is an interference fit so will require some pressure.

edit: a tiny screwdriver works

Thanks pin pressed in with a fork handle

Back