Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Alarm settings for the night Calif Ocean 6.1 (2022)

Hi all , we took our Cal , named Moxie, out for the first time . All went well till we went to bed.

Car locked itself and soon the alarm would go off . After several attempts and pressing of buttons we seem to have tackled the problem , but can not recall what we did to achieve it.

i have 3 actions i can take, not sure in what order .

1) Locking button on key fob ( press twice i believe )
2) children’s lick button on driver side (not sure whether relevant or not)
3) central control panel , camping , activate camping mode

can someone confirm that i should be doing the following?

first press twice locking button in key fob and then secondly on center control , Activate camping mode.

if not correct , what are the steps to be taken?

thanks
Should not lock automatically. Think this may be the alarm settings you need to adjust. Otherwise keys get locked in and it’s expensive to get them out.

Hi all , we took our Cal , named Moxie, out for the first time . All went well till we went to bed.

Car locked itself and soon the alarm would go off . After several attempts and pressing of buttons we seem to have tackled the problem , but can not recall what we did to achieve it.

first press twice locking button in key fob and then secondly on center control , Activate camping mode.

thanks
If it’s a new cali don’t lock it with the key fob. If you do it set the alarm and you can’t unlock the doors from the inside or outside unless you press the unlock on the fob, you should use the lock button on the drivers door. Not a good idea to lock it with the fob.

thanks
We had a similar experience the first time we camped; so embarrassing! As said by others we leave the key out of the ignition and simply use the central locking button on the drivers door

My understanding is if you press central locking button on drivers door is disables the alarm but if, like me you sometimes have to nip to the loo you could be locked out as side door will lock once shut but not arm or am I wrong. Sure I've seen it somewhere................
If you lock from the inside using the central locking button on the driver’s door, you can exit from any door by just pulling the handle normally. The door you exited from remains unlocked (but the other doors remain locked) so you won’t be locked out. When you come back, enter via the same door you used to exit.

There were stories of people getting locked out. But I suspect it was on the vans that have the locking button on the B-pillar where the sliding door is. I’m guessing that they accidentally pressed the locking button by holding the B-pillar when exiting via the sliding door and then shut the sliding door, which left them locked out. I imagine that’s why VW removed the locking button from the B-pillar.

I’ve certainly never been locked out of my T6.1 in more than 2 years and countless night away.

If you lock from the inside using the central locking button on the driver’s door, you can exit from any door by just pulling the handle normally. The door you exited from remains unlocked (but the other doors remain locked) so you won’t be locked out. When you come back, enter via the same door you used to exit.

There were stories of people getting locked out. But I suspect it was on the vans that have the locking button on the B-pillar where the sliding door is. I’m guessing that they accidentally pressed the locking button by holding the B-pillar when exiting via the sliding door and then shut the sliding door, which left them locked out. I imagine that’s why VW removed the locking button from the B-pillar.

I’ve certainly never been locked out of my T6.1 in more than 2 years and countless night away.
We've yet to lock at night. What's the worst that can happen? Someone open the door and be confronted by me or worse still an agry 35kg black lab being disturbed lol but then we've not been abroad

We've yet to lock at night. What's the worst that can happen? Someone open the door and be confronted by me or worse still an agry 35kg black lab being disturbed lol but then we've not been abroad
We mostly wild camp. And the worst that can happen is either drunk teenagers or drug-addicts passer-by - and neither are people I’d be terribly excited to be confronting I have to say.

We mostly wild camp. And the worst that can happen is either drunk teenagers or drug-addicts passer-by - and neither are people I’d be terribly excited to be confronting I have to say.
Perhaps we might lock, but we often use CL's or off grid camp. I've never ever been confronted by anyone and been camping since 14 years old but I suppose there's always a first time!!!!

Perhaps we might lock, but we often use CL's or off grid camp. I've never ever been confronted by anyone and been camping since 14 years old but I suppose there's always a first time!!!!
Can you enlighten me - what is a CL? It's probably obvious as soon as you tell me!

A CL is a motorhome and caravan club certified location, usually a small site of 5 pitches or less, all with fresh and grey water disposal, most with electric, some with toilets, available to members

Y
We had our first night away last weekend but didn't actually lock van at night as a small gated CL site. Must admit on previous van conversion we had for 9 years we'd never ever locked it at night.

My understanding is if you press central locking button on drivers door is disables the alarm but if, like me you sometimes have to nip to the loo you could be locked out as side door will lock once shut but not arm or am I wrong. Sure I've seen it somewhere................
You will not be locked out, you can exit and get in again trough side door, activate lock again after you get in again. Front doors and boot will remain locked during whole process.

Y

You will not be locked out, you can exit and get in again trough side door, activate lock again after you get in again. Front doors and boot will remain locked during whole process.
Exactly what I do every time I camp. Alarm has never gone off, I have never been locked out.
Nothing could be simpler than just pressing the lock button on the driver’s door.