Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Almost an owner

J

jaggzee246810

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
After a little while lurking (especially on the 6.1 order delays thread), it looks like we might get our hands on our new California Coast next week, we went from thinking it would be early 2023, then June this year, then October this year and now we might actually enjoy it for the last half of the summer hols!

Welcome!
Tell us more! Happy camping - the best of camping with s van: you can go any season!

Thank you for the welcome! We hired a van last October half term and absolutely loved being able to extend our camping season (we tent camp as a family a lot) and enjoy beautiful empty campsites, so really excited to get our hand on her next week. I’m based in Sussex so going to start gently by heading out into the South Downs for a little trip next weekend (assuming collection as planned).

My kids (girls age 4 and 8) are now busy thinking of names for the van! Current favourites are Red Squirrel or Red Panda (you can probably work out the colour from that).

Options wise we got the fancy air con, rear camera, privacy glass, panoramic canvas, and mud flaps. I think we went round in circles with options so it now feels like a bizarre selection but it made sense at the time!

Tried not to go too mad with buying stuff for the van as we already had quite a bit of useful stuff in our tent set up (cadac safari chef, thetford 335 etc). But we have added a decathlon arpenz base M and a duvalay topper (which we used in a rental van at camp bestival recently and it was lovely!).