Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

alternative magnetic cab blinds -- grey is so boring

kp64zl

kp64zl

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I really like the magnetic blinds (clip on for windscreen) that come with my Beach -- but the grey colour is so boring (and not very blackout).

Does anyone know where I might be able to get something equivalent (i.e. magnetic system) but in a more interesting range of colours!

Alternatively might anyone know where might I be able to purchase the magnetic strip so i could get something made up?

Thanks

7059A1FF-0F5E-4D60-B9F1-3DCABEDC29C9.jpeg 0876162F-EFA6-4665-B253-96894F1E0291.jpeg

I really like the magnetic blinds (clip on for windscreen) that come with my Beach -- but the grey colour is so boring (and not very blackout).

Does anyone know where I might be able to get something equivalent (i.e. magnetic system) but in a more interesting range of colours!

Alternatively might anyone know where might I be able to purchase the magnetic strip so i could get something made up?

Thanks

View attachment 42767 View attachment 42768

s-l300-1.jpg ?;)

Thanks

View attachment 42767 View attachment 42768
You could try getting hold of some old door seals from a fridge, I think they have the same style of magnetic strip in them.

You could try getting hold of some old door seals from a fridge, I think they have the same style of magnetic strip in them.
The strip can be cut into smaller sections as required.

You should buy this kind of toy:
magnet toy.jpg and sew them into a sleeve, independent from each other in little compartments.
The magnetic strips are not working well in the corners/folds of the fabric. These are better fitting for flat contact surfaces imo.

Last edited:
I have found this company amazing

https://www.first4magnets.com/tape-strip-c85

I am in the process of making my own mozzy nets that I can hold with magnets anywhere I need them.
For a thin mozzy net on straight borders this will work, but I am afraid not for the thicker blackout screens (that you want to fold). Except if you would work with a kind of thin Nylon fabric
Also interesting is this site: http://www.technomag.net/neodymium-magnets.html

Why not simply dye/batik/paint/... your existing blinds? What's wrong with some flowerpower? :happy

Last edited:
I found this website that makes what I'd be interested in:

http://www.snugdub.co.uk/

Unfortunately the company went out of business last year --- they charged £250 for a set like this.

Screenshot from the website / facebook page below

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 10.19.34.png

That looks like a business opportunity :)

I need to make a pouch for my Beach blinds so I can keep them under the driver's seat but I agree it would be nice to have a set of more interesting blinds that block more sunlight.

*edit* can't see people paying £250 a set though

I just have one of these in from the Club to take a closer look at for a club video. I dont know if my van will look so relaxed as yours :D I hear external covers are better for avoiding condensation.
No, they just move the Condensation on to the next coldest area, the body panels in the kitchen and wardrobe or behind the trim panels.
Adequate ventilation is the key to reduce/eliminate condensation.

Back