Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Alternatives to IKEA Kuggis storage for cupboards

1000002356.jpg
As those boxes are so expensive why not just get the extra drawers?

My boxes arrived today. I just ordered the left hand cupboard ones and the fees broke down as follows:

Boxes: £171.01
Import VAT: £34.86
Clearance fee: £12.00
Non-sterling currency fee from bank: £4.70
Total: £222.57

They look great, are good quality and will definitely make our life easier but that is an awful lot of money. We carry a Portapotti in our right cupboard so I wanted to maximise every inch of space in the left one. Nevertheless I’ve had to lie to the Mrs about what they cost.

View attachment 121416
Were you able to get them to deduct the German VAT? I think it's about 19%.

Planning to do our first night stay at a campsite this coming weekend in our new Cali and just about to sort the cupboard storage out. I’d planned to use the IKEA Kuggis containers as per Sarah and Will from Campervan Time’s YT video (if anyones seen it) but it seems IKEA no longer do the shallower Kuggis box which is 8cm I believe. So now I’m not sure what boxes / drawers etc I’m going to use. I could just through stuff in the cupboards for this weekend as havent really got time to spend googling box sizes this week but do want to find a good solution going forward.

What suggestions have people got?
These work for us

Post in thread 'What do you put where'

We need our Portapotti within easy reach for our three year old so it lives in the right hand cupboard on a Brandrup tray. If we didn’t then those draws are a better buy all day long in my view.
1712175426572.png
We have one of these lurking in the drawer under the rear bench.

For kids, the fold out always wins. Tbh, our portapotti only ever comes out on trips and even then, only setup in the awning for when toilet trips can’t be made quickly.

For kids, the fold out always wins. Tbh, our portapotti only ever comes out on trips and even then, only setup in the awning for when toilet trips can’t be made quickly.
It’s nothing to do with me pissing like a horse during the night. Shush.

Back