Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Aluminium Work Top

Chilmark

Chilmark

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi we've just become the proud owners of a 2016 California Ocean, I was very excited after it was delivered today by the VW dealer to my wife at home. One thing I didn't notice when we initially saw it was a few scuffs on the Ali kitchen worktop edges which are going to drive me mad, as I say we never saw them when initially looking at the vehicle but with the interior light on tonight they are obvious, not sure quite how they were done but are the worktops replaceable or can you polish the ali ? any help would be good as I say it will otherwise drive me mad.. Thanks in advance

Try a dent guy they might be able to discuise them if not a new worktop is it a 1 piece worktop?

You could paint them, after rubbing down, or get them covered with vinyl if you don’t want to replace them.

You could paint them, after rubbing down, or get them covered with vinyl if you don’t want to replace them.
If you do go down the painting route, you could try a clear lacquer or even a clear nail varnish to touch up the scuffs. If that fails you always do a full paint job or replace.
I'd not rush into replacing.

Try t cut or a scratch removing paste. That should make it much less obvious.

Thanks that's given me a thought, working in a garage we have a smart repair guy come in to do bodywork scuffs and stuff, I will have a word with him , he seems to work magic with cars, we had another Miracle Man come in recently to sort issues on our new house that the developers sent in so even he may be an option, just panicked a bit when I saw my nice newish van on the drive way which otherwise looked immaculate so the marks stuck our like a saw thumb.

I may have a word with the VW dealer as I am sure they weren't there when we saw the van initially, looks like a valeter has fed a vacuum cleaner pipe through the passenger rear window to clean the rear seats and has scuffed/damaged the trim in doing so by dragging the pip across the kitchen work top.

Back