Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Am I missing a bung from the cupboard floor?

H

haydnw2

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
I've just noticed that the left-hand cupboard (under the hob) in our T5.1 SE has a plastic bung in a hole in the cupboard floor:
IMG_2344.jpg

However, the right-hand cupboard (under the sink) doesn't:

IMG_2343.jpg

Should there be one in there? I've had some lino down to stop things rattling, and noticed that there was some water (presumably condensation) between the cupboard floor and the lino. It therefore seems like it would be sensible to plug it, but I can't find it as a spare part online anywhere. I can just buy a generic one off eBay, but I'm curious as to whether it's supposed to be there by default or not.

I've just noticed that the left-hand cupboard (under the hob) in our T5.1 SE has a plastic bung in a hole in the cupboard floor:
View attachment 104714

However, the right-hand cupboard (under the sink) doesn't:

View attachment 104715

Should there be one in there? I've had some lino down to stop things rattling, and noticed that there was some water (presumably condensation) between the cupboard floor and the lino. It therefore seems like it would be sensible to plug it, but I can't find it as a spare part online anywhere. I can just buy a generic one off eBay, but I'm curious as to whether it's supposed to be there by default or not.
Are you sure it is condensation?
Looking at the top of that 2nd photo there appears to be rust.
Is your kitchen sliding window leaking? Not an uncommon problem.

1J4 839 417 9B9
Cover cap Satin black

£0.34
Thanks! Can't seem to find anywhere with stock in the UK - €48 to ship from Germany, or £18/10 on eBay shipped from Latvia/Lithuania. Generic bung incoming...

Are you sure it is condensation?
Looking at the top of that 2nd photo there appears to be rust.
Is your kitchen sliding window leaking? Not an uncommon problem.
Yes, and no - rust is from a window leak but prior to our ownership of the van.

Try Vw they should be able to get it

Thanks - emailed my local van centre last night, so just waiting to hear back.

Back