Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anker Nebula in a beach - where do you put it when watching?

D

da_murphster

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Just playing with my nebula setup.

I have a screen with clips from the shop here that hangs the screen down from the hatch.

ATM I just have the nebula on the table but it's difficult get it far enough away from the screen to fill the screen

Anyone done anything with attaching it to the ceiling etc?

Some type of platform behind the bench seat?

Will be interested to see what solutions people might have. We just use ours on the table and put up with the fact that the image doesn’t fill the screen as it’s still better than trying to watch on a tablet or laptop.

I have a screen with clips from the shop here that hangs the screen down from the hatch.

ATM I just have the nebula on the table but it's difficult get it far enough away from the screen to fill the screen

You need the Nebula Capsule Max because it has the automatic picture alignment, meaning you can put it anywhere on the cooker/sink glass covers, & it will give a perfect square or rectangular picture. I believe only the Max version will do this.

You need the Nebula Capsule Max because it has the automatic picture alignment, meaning you can put it anywhere on the cooker/sink glass covers, & it will give a perfect square or rectangular picture. I believe only the Max version will do this.
The title says this is in a Beach, but yes it would be a lot easier in the Ocean.

I would drill a hole in the rear ceiling panel, install a 1/4 inch flush mounted threaded insert and mount the projector upside down. That’s assuming the projector does have a tripod thread underneath. It would be very unobtrusive when not in use.

I do have the max version - but as said there is nothing on the side in a Beach to actually rest the nebula on

I would drill a hole in the rear ceiling panel, install a 1/4 inch flush mounted threaded insert and mount the projector upside down. That’s assuming the projector does have a tripod thread underneath. It would be very unobtrusive when not in use.

I like this idea - I wonder how easy/hard it would be to do?

Not sure what type of fixing to use?

bighead-stainless-steel-male-threaded-studs-m6-x-30.webp

Maybe something like this bonded above then a cover/cap on the ceiling so you dont bludgeon your head??

Something magnetic might be less invasive - you could stick a metal plate either behind the headlining or below the bed then use magnets?

Failing all that I wonder if there is a simpler way? Something on the headrest / headrest mount?

Get a magnetic mount. Can put it on the window - magnet outside , or, in ceiling under bed (magnet under bed slats)….projector hangs underneath Similar to below.

IMG_0973.png

I just put mine on top of the pull out stove but it’s a faff. The Nebula reaches the mains socket or my Bluetti power station. I actually didn’t use it on my last couple of trips until I came up with something better. I don’t know if there is a way of fitting it further back, maybe on a lightweight shelf stuck behind one of the Vanessa bags or maybe on a shelf that fits on the headrest.

I like this idea - I wonder how easy/hard it would be to do?

Not sure what type of fixing to use?

bighead-stainless-steel-male-threaded-studs-m6-x-30.webp

Maybe something like this bonded above then a cover/cap on the ceiling so you dont bludgeon your head??

Something magnetic might be less invasive - you could stick a metal plate either behind the headlining or below the bed then use magnets?

Failing all that I wonder if there is a simpler way? Something on the headrest / headrest mount?
Something magnetic would work well. Put a few minds together and we’ll come up with a solution :thumb

What I was thinking is this:
Use a threaded insert similar to those used to secure the multiflex and a double ended 1/4 inch screw. See the example photos below.

IMG_7595.jpeg

IMG_7593.jpeg

Get a magnetic mount. Can put it on the window - magnet outside , or, in ceiling under bed (magnet under bed slats)….projector hangs underneath Similar to below.
Have you actually done this? Does it work?

This would be a cracking solution. On the window would mean your head wouldn’t get in the way etc. I wonder if the nebula would correct the angle enough?

Ceilings could be worth a try but I reckon the magnet would not be strong enough to hold through the bed/roof base?

Where are you trying to project the image to? We have the nebula and a beach and find if we put it on the table it fills the whole blind in front of the sliding door and is perfect

I bought a suction type bracket for the sliding door window which works great but the picture is too large for the window blind or my home made projector screen. I could make a larger projector screen I suppose……..

2A6D3070-43EE-43D8-B4C8-13738B7F41A4.jpeg

273082CF-B7AC-45DC-9568-41E414B1667C.jpeg

EA4EF972-67B6-4644-AB84-2BBEC854C89F.jpeg

On our Ocean we just put it on the table and use the blackout screen on the sliding door. Wife on the Sofa, me on the recliner

I have an Ocean and will not drill any holes into it. I use the shelf that can be purchased and hangs on the side above the windows over my sink/refrigerator. My projector screen is a pop up that rests on the roof in the pop up, so I have a very large screen. The mini projector sits on the shelf near the wardrobe and the picture fills the entire screen. It’s almost as large as my 55” at home. The Yaufey projector is ok and has the auto keystone feature. If I had it to do over again, I might change the projector but not the setup. We have the entire downstairs available for use.

Hi folks, I bought one of these which attaches to the bottom of the Anker and with the 50” Duronic Projector screen I use it fits the projector screen perfectly. (Gives about a 42” viewing screen)
I then push the upstairs bed up and suspend the projector underneath the remaining bit of roof with the tripod. I tie the projector screen to the fasteners next to the pull down bar on roof. You can then adjust how high or low the screen hangs to suit. Hope this helps. Happy to post a video of the set up if needed. 2018 Beach and so watching from the bed with pillows at back door.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/stores/page/960F8FE8-31AD-442B-BA3A-B8424B417BD9/?tag=eliteelect-21

Hi folks, I bought one of these which attaches to the bottom of the Anker and with the 50” Duronic Projector screen I use it fits the projector screen perfectly. (Gives about a 42” viewing screen)
I then push the upstairs bed up and suspend the projector underneath the remaining bit of roof with the tripod. I tie the projector screen to the fasteners next to the pull down bar on roof. You can then adjust how high or low the screen hangs to suit. Hope this helps. Happy to post a video of the set up if needed. 2018 Beach and so watching from the bed with pillows at back door.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/stores/page/960F8FE8-31AD-442B-BA3A-B8424B417BD9/?tag=eliteelect-21
A few photos would be helpful :thumb

On our Ocean we just put it on the table and use the blackout screen on the sliding door. Wife on the Sofa, me on the recliner

Recliner!?!? Does it do back massage too? I don’t have a recliner in my Ocean other than the front seats and they’re turned 180 toward the rear.

Back