Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Check your options when you get a build week!!!!!

Bramco

Bramco

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
I'm having a heck of a time with VW. Ordered in March and have a delivery prognosis of October. Yep - 27 weeks..... (There's a separate thread on build lead times).

But to cut that long story short I thought I'd check up on the dealer and ask for a screen dump showing the build week and yes it is as quoted to me week 35.

However I was a bit shocked to see that the number of options on the screen doesn't match the screen dumps I got earlier this year when I ordered the vehicle and asked for confirmation of the options.

I'm 2 short now - one of which will be a big deal - the parking heater..

So what do you have to do to get VW to do a proper job of customer service for people shelling out between 40 and 60k+ ????

I'm really glad I noticed this now and not on delivery although who knows if anything can be done to fix it without pushing the build week out even further. Maybe we'll get delivery for Xmas.

Anyway - for anyone in the same boat with an exceptionally long order to delivery time this year I would check your options there have been some issues with about 35 orders I was told - so ask the dealer for a screen dump so you can check - you'll need a couple if you have more than 6 or so options as they don't all appear in the list box on the screen. Or maybe ask for a print out. Seems they can't do a pdf or maybe that's just my dealer...

Simon

Replying to my own post - sad innit.

But......

Anyone who thinks they might be part of the group of orders that were messed up around the model year change should check their build spec TODAY.

Mine doesn't match my order. There are two options missing.

The parking heater has changed code from '14 to '15. So in my case it was simply dropped from the order and because these 35 orders have been out of the normal systems no one was informed.

Just about the last straw for me.

Simon

I checked my options but sadly the hunky, bronzed surfer in the brochure was not included :cry:

GrannyJen said:
I checked my options but sadly the hunky, bronzed surfer in the brochure was not included :cry:

That would be Bjorn Dunkerbeck, multiple PWA (Pro Windsurfing) world champion. I did meet him once at an opening of a windsurf shop on Hayling Island.

Hi, just been informed my van has arrived at the dealers. Ordered mid March. Dealer said that he had given it a quick once over and all the options look to be there. I wasn't really worried about the wait before, but now I know its here in the UK the wait until I pick it up on Sep 1st is going to seem like a lifetime.

California SE 180 DSG 4Motion.

Well I finally heard today that the factory couldn't change the spec for my order to add in the heater that the VW systems had managed to drop.

So it's back to go for me - have to set up a new order with the original spec we agreed back in march.

:headbang

Simon

Back