Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Annoying rattle from dashboard area

That was my though too - was tempted to tell the dealer to sign up and see all the gems of information created through the forums......

Trouble is they would then be privy to all our plots & plans to spread the word about the dealer that is most willing to negotiate etc. I spoke to Laine Watts at Tonbridge VW & they are seriously aware of the power of the forum.

Driving my one month old T6 Beach in windy conditions there was an annoying rattle from under the dashboard area. Nothing obvious internally so opened the bonnet and had a look around. It transpired that the blanking disc for the left hand drive windscreen wiper mount position was loose. Disc removed and instantly no more rattle. Subsequently refitted the disc with a dab of silicon sealant to hold it in place and am now enjoying rattle free driving. Hope this helps anyone else withe a similar problem.

You are a genius, you've managed to fix a problem that my VW dealership had 4 unsuccessful attempts at. Thought I was just being picky when they started giving me that look, but a loan car they gave me had the same problem. Quick check of this forum and 1 $10 tube of silicon later, problem fixed so thank you for sharing!!

If the noise is that far back, could be the fold down table not located correctly at the bottom.

Slide it forward and then push it back until it locks in place, making sure you apply some pressure towards the cupboard while doing this. There is a pin (you can see it at the top of the leg if you peer underneath the table when it is up) that locates in a bracket near the floor and this can sometime miss the bracket, causing the table to rattle when driving.

Alan

I'm new to the forum and searched annoying rattle from the glove box area in my 2014 T5 Cali, I checked the loose items in the glovebox weren't moving around, sadly not.
After reading this thread I'm going to check the infamous "plug". Keep you posted!

After inspection, it seems like there is something rattling around in the passenger side air duct, any ideas how to open up the vent to check inside the duct itself. I've removed the glovebox and attempted to unclip the vent hosing itself but I'm afraid that I'll break something as its not coming away easily. So I've reassembled everything for another day.

Last edited:
So, the annoying noise coming from the passenger side dash area sadly isn't the wiper plug. The noise is similar to a ball bearing or metallic object rolling around in the air con duct.
I'd like to investigate this further, does anyone have any tips/advice on accessing the vent duct. I don't like the idea of prising the vent cover out as it seems very tight and I'd be afraid of breaking it.

Any advice welcome!

Had a rattle at the weekend which sounded like something in the vent but was in fact the right hand windscreen blind - a firm push has stopped it for now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back