Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Another fully paid up member...

A

AndrewS

VIP Member
Evening all,

After a couple of rentals (Ocean and a good quality conversion), we have finally taken the plunge and bought a 2007 California SE. I'm getting a rapid introduction to some of the 2.5tdi BPC engine foibles but we're taking a long-term view that it's a van worth doing right.

It's currently in for intercooler (cracked) and clutch/DMF (driveline shunt and clutch drag), plus a service and cruise control retrofit :talktothehand...

First major outing will be a 3-4,000 mile road trip from NE Scotland to France; really looking forward to it, it's been a long held ambition.

Have to say this forum was a fantastic resource pre-purchase, I hope to be able to contribute meaningfully as we find our feet.

Cheers,

AndrewCalifornia.jpg

Welcome Andrew, great to have you on board .

:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome

Very tidy.

Fab, she looks really great. (And looking a lot cleaner than Velma right now. Silver is a great colour for touring, will hardly show the grime).

:welcome

From the picture that 11y Cali seems to look very good !
You will have a great time in it on your trip to France.

Nice looked after Cali! Enjoy and :welcome.

Welcome Andrew and nice looking T5Clean and classy! Enjoy your holidays (or and even the small round to the store are great) with your new van!

:welcome Andrew. Good looking cali you’ve got there. We’re up in NE Scotland too & are also heading over into France/Italy this month. Enjoy you’re travels :cheers

welcome to the forum. Enjoy your trips.

That looks gorgeous! How many miles has it done? It looks like its just left the showroom. Is it the 174bhp version?

That looks gorgeous! How many miles has it done? It looks like its just left the showroom. Is it the 174bhp version?

Thank you. It is the 174bhp version, 6spd manual. It’s done 63k miles backed up by a massive history file. Definitely a keeper!

Many thanks to all for the warm welcome, it reinforces my view that there’s a great community out there!

• Welcome
Reactions: Sad
Thank you. It is the 174bhp version, 6spd manual. It’s done 63k miles backed up by a massive history file. Definitely a keeper!

My mate had a 174 T5 Kombi and its a phenomenal engine. Loads of grunt and torque. You will not be disappointed. 63k is barely run in.

You will have loads of fun trips!

Back