Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Any problems with a Cali (Ocean) providing an additional fridge during lockdown

Cali4nia-Dream

Cali4nia-Dream

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Normally we would have a midweek shop for extra milk and other items, but with lockdown we are using Cali's fridge so we can just do one trip to the shops per week.
I know people will use their built in fridges continuously on long trips, 4-5 weeks, without problems but are there any issues running the fridge for several weeks on hook-up while Cali is parked up in a garage or carport?

(Mods - please move this to a different section if appropriate )

The fridge should do the work good, the only problem you'd encounter is the bottom getting flooded with condensation water.
You'd have to get everything out every now and then (at least weekly) to clean up the water.
Apart from that, everything should work as it should be supposed to run 'forever'.

I see no problem at all with this. It's just a fridge and the 12v leisure batteries are just batteries, so long as you keep them charged, no?

we use at Christmas and New Year

My fridge never got closed off, so since nearly four years. Without any problem, except indeed the condensation issue .

If you do not open it frequently there should be no condensation problem. You can also place any spacer at the bottom, so that the food does not come into contact with any water