Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali T5 fridge should be level?

umby27

umby27

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi,

Any RV fridge should be level to work properly.... I read that all over the internet.

But no-where did I read that in my Cali manuals. Since the Cali is a rock&roll camper, does that also apply to a Cali fridge? My driveway is seriously not level since my garage is lower than my house. And sometimes we camp with the Cali's nose up so that our pillow does not fall on the driver seats :) But again, does that break the Cali's fridge ? Are we also doomed to level our fridge or are we free of that hassle?

Has anyone seen any technical advice on that?

Thanks for your info,

Umberto (belgium)

Its the gas powered fridges that need to be level to work properly, electric should be fine on a slope.

Cali fridge works fine without being levelled .

Its the gas powered fridges that need to be level to work properly, electric should be fine on a slope.

Andy is spot on with his answer... Gas or "Absorption" fridges are incredibly sensitive to being level and will not function well if not pretty close to perfectly level. (All to do with the flow of the water/ammonia solution and the operation of the separator)

The Cali however has a normal compressor fridge (like the one in a normal kitchen) and as such is not at all worried about being off level. It's also fairly efficient running about a 20% duty cycle.

Anyway, in answer to the original question... not worries about parking on a bit of a slope...

Rgds
Mark

Andy is spot on with his answer... Gas or "Absorption" fridges are incredibly sensitive to being level and will not function well if not pretty close to perfectly level. (All to do with the flow of the water/ammonia solution and the operation of the separator)

The Cali however has a normal compressor fridge (like the one in a normal kitchen) and as such is not at all worried about being off level. It's also fairly efficient running about a 20% duty cycle.

Anyway, in answer to the original question... not worries about parking on a bit of a slope...

Rgds
Mark

As an ex Electrolux Service Engineer simply dubs is spot on again, well done.

John

Back