Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Any thoughts on roof bar extensions?

SailSki

SailSki

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hello all, seeking suggestions about extending my roof bars.
Currently have Thule 150cm wing bars and looking to add a further 10-15cm width so that I can get a wider/longer roof box to take wing foiling board inside the box and carry paddle board alongside. Have checked the weight and think it should be ok.....
Would prefer to avoid drilling holes in the current bars so was thinking of getting some U-bolts and shortening some 2nd hand bars and clamping on top of half of the roof rack so that the roof box could fit on the original wings bars on one side and the board would go in the clamped wider bar on the other side. An alternative could be to use t-track bolts in the current bars and bolt through the wider bars on top.
The replacement box (Hapro Traxer 8.6 planned) also has clamp jaws which will allow the box to get a bit further outboard)
However there may be a better solution that the great and the good creative souls of the forum have in mind....image.jpg

have i missed something ? go to halfords & buy longer wing bars.

Didn’t realise they were that short. I use the square bars & they go up to 2m.

Hello all, seeking suggestions about extending my roof bars.
Currently have Thule 150cm wing bars and looking to add a further 10-15cm width so that I can get a wider/longer roof box to take wing foiling board inside the box and carry paddle board alongside. Have checked the weight and think it should be ok.....
Would prefer to avoid drilling holes in the current bars so was thinking of getting some U-bolts and shortening some 2nd hand bars and clamping on top of half of the roof rack so that the roof box could fit on the original wings bars on one side and the board would go in the clamped wider bar on the other side. An alternative could be to use t-track bolts in the current bars and bolt through the wider bars on top.
The replacement box (Hapro Traxer 8.6 planned) also has clamp jaws which will allow the box to get a bit further outboard)
However there may be a better solution that the great and the good creative souls of the forum have in mind....View attachment 64385

Not sure if much use, but you could go on top of a (new) roofbox & keep the existing bars:

Back