Roof Mounting Point - Mounting an antenna

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
I’ve got a temporary setup with a roof bar for now until I can sort the more permanent roof rail solution.

F93D2803-E310-4BBF-B15E-E4C06C4848F0.jpeg

Robowagen

Robowagen

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
After many hours of searching the net for a suitable CB Antenna mount I took it upon myself to modify a hatchback mount, I cut the tabs off drilled a couple of holes and used a couple of the rail fixings I had but replaced the thumb turns for nyloc nuts! Doesn't look too bad & does the job!

Hope this helps!

IMG_5112.jpg

IMG_5117.jpg

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
After many hours of searching the net for a suitable CB Antenna mount I took it upon myself to modify a hatchback mount, I cut the tabs off drilled a couple of holes and used a couple of the rail fixings I had but replaced the thumb turns for nyloc nuts! Doesn't look too bad & does the job!

Hope this helps!

View attachment 55739

View attachment 55740
Just out if interest, where did you mount the rig in the van ?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
I am liking the idea of using the side rail a lot. Surprised there are no off the shelf parts to do this.

For now I’ve used this , it’s got a 70cm antenna on it or I sometimes swap for a vertical for 2m/70cm

E73EB02E-8C11-47AE-8190-60EC794195AC.jpeg

A

A Boy in the Water

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199

Hope this helps!

View attachment 55739

View attachment 55740
I like this and it's the only solution I have found after many hours of searching. Out of interest does that config get decent SWR and is it grounded in any way? I'm a returning CBer about to rig up but I don't have an antenna solution for my 6.1 (and won't be drilling any holes!). Cheers if you pick this one up.

Robowagen

Robowagen

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
I like this and it's the only solution I have found after many hours of searching. Out of interest does that config get decent SWR and is it grounded in any way? I'm a returning CBer about to rig up but I don't have an antenna solution for my 6.1 (and won't be drilling any holes!). Cheers if you pick this one up.
Hi, overall the SWR was fine the only issue was the bracket itself wasn't the best quality and kept working itself loose at the adjustable points!

B J G

B J G

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
If an awning is fitted it may be possible to fabricate a bracket that attaches to the awning mounting. That should also provide an earthing point. On one side of the body so not the best of reception.

Nick Stubbs

Nick Stubbs

The Rodent.
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion

Hope this helps!

View attachment 55739

View attachment 55740
I was going to this and made I even fabricated a S/S mount then I found out the the rail is only glued on.. so I abandoned the idea, in the process of fabricating a bracket for the awning side as the awning is mounted into the body I think there is less chance of peeling the rail off.