Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

flush roof bars possible?

D

Duncan McInerney

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
i’m searching for some roof bars for my Cali Ocean and have seen a set on a ‘13 plate Cali that looked very tidy - like ‘flush bars’, lower-sitting and much neater than the ‘through bars’ comprising a ‘L’ shaped mounting bracket and a separate bar (square or aero section). But searching around, the only bars that i can find to fit my later T6 are through bars - either Thule and VW - both of which add around 150mm+ to the height of the vehicle. I would have thought the track in the roof would have been the same since 2013. Anyone know of a work-around to this or or a brand I haven’t yet found?
Many thanks in advance. Duncan

I think the bars are thesame but the difference is lower foots ?

i think you’re right. the bars looked the same as the current Thule evo bars with a slight upward curve in them. just cant find a lower foot mount anywhere. Roofbox Company says Thule don’t do anything other than the ‘sticky-uppy’ mounts!

Ive seen these ones drilled through and fixed into the roof
rail.
Bars only.images-91.jpeg

i’m searching for some roof bars for my Cali Ocean and have seen a set on a ‘13 plate Cali that looked very tidy - like ‘flush bars’, lower-sitting and much neater than the ‘through bars’ comprising a ‘L’ shaped mounting bracket and a separate bar (square or aero section). But searching around, the only bars that i can find to fit my later T6 are through bars - either Thule and VW - both of which add around 150mm+ to the height of the vehicle. I would have thought the track in the roof would have been the same since 2013. Anyone know of a work-around to this or or a brand I haven’t yet found?

Whispbars sit a little lower. They just skim the rubber edge on my garage door which is 2010mm high. Van has standard suspension.

110617EB-DD0A-49D1-89F6-82A490784226.jpegF9B067BC-A8C0-4CC3-A378-D8D6DDCAAB37.jpeg98A4361E-7BCC-4F69-AB64-0227DD6A960B.jpeg39257B2B-66FC-479D-A241-463AD556C8BA.jpeg247CDA21-E4FE-4E17-9366-D3AF8495363E.jpeg

Last edited:
What did you decide on in the end..? I am going through the same research ready for next year.