Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Any Thoughts ?

You're correct it is, that trim is also used on the Caravelle but not much use for us as the seat doesn't go back far enough to use the cup holder but you can get a usb charger in the socket.

You're correct it is, that trim is also used on the Caravelle but not much use for us as the seat doesn't go back far enough to use the cup holder but you can get a usb charger in the socket.
Thank for that Loz :thumbmerry Christmas

Last edited:
I use that 12v as the charger for my laptop. something that can just sit there, no need to be moved, with a long enough lead that I can charge up with the laptop in the front seat back pocket.

The best use that I could find for about the most inaccessible socket in the van.

I use that 12v as the charger for my laptop. something that can just sit there, no need to be moved, with a long enough lead that I can charge up with the laptop in the front seat back pocket.

The best use that I could find for about the most inaccessible socket in the van.
Thanks Granny Jen :thumb
I think if you take the multiflex out and move the seat back its all useable.
OK I will try that :thumb

Where on the van are we?

Sitting on the back seat, right hand side by the door. The Cali bench seat runs in front of a cup holder/usb point there, part of the Caravelle set-up carried over. It's a fiddly, pita, place to have a USB socket but quite useful if you have a USB device that's fairly fixed in its charging position.

I can get my Biolite string of 12v lights in there & wrapped around the awning arms - door seal closes fine on the cable.

Grandson plugs his iphone in there as it's easier than the kitchen sink one which has cable length issues.

We used to use that one for external lights for the awnings.

We now use the other previously inaccessible one in the boot. We made that accessible by moving the multiflex forward of is normal rearmost position.

It really is daft that VW have these hard to access 12V points.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Sorry if this is a dumb question but how do you charge a laptop with this socket ?

Back