Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anyone had their LED headlamps adjusted recently

pjm-84

pjm-84

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Oddly mine failed it 4th year MOT recently on the headlamp aim being too high. (I lowered them from factory settings as I was just fed up with the occasional flashing from oncoming drivers).

Drove the Cali last night back across the Forest and wow the headlamps are now really low. I reckon a dipped light spill of 30ft in front of the vehicle on the offside / 40ft on the nearside. Has anyone else recently come across this? Reminds very much of my Volvo V70 lights (rubbish on dipped beam)

That sounds about the right distance ahead. Are they factory fit LEDs ? I didn't think they did them on T5s

Argh valid point. Factory fitted Xenons.

Hi when the mot station has been adjusting your lights have they plugged in a diag machine and put your lights into adjustment mode because if there not the lights will keep going back to the original settings

Thanks Martin. The guys at Southampton adjusted the lights on the computer after an MOT fail. I need to check one of my other cars before I pop back into Totton. Pic driving in the Forest last night( taken by the passenger). Picture looks far better then real life. Had an emergency brake shortly before due to deer in the middle of the road. Luckily I was sub 40mphIMG_20190715_222151.jpg

Thanks Martin. The guys at Southampton adjusted the lights on the computer after an MOT fail. I need to check one of my other cars before I pop back into Totton. Pic driving in the Forest last night( taken by the passenger). Picture looks far better then real life. Had an emergency brake shortly before due to deer in the middle of the road. Luckily I was sub 40mphView attachment 47576
Hi the kick up looks right but the distance from the Cali is a bit short think you need to get them to recheck them.

Had them readjusted by the guys in Southampton.

Apparently, when checked they had been set in the middle of the acceptable range and now they have been adjusted to the upper end of the range*. Haven't driven in the dark since so unable to comment.

*Translation..... they were low.

Back