Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

LED Headlamp Adjustment on EUROPEAN T6?

There are 2 fitted but very surprised that they are both wired and working. Normally only the offside is wired up.
I've just looked at my Highline T6with LED headlights and can confirm that I have two working rear fog lights.

I've imported my T6 Ocean 204 4x4 with Led lights to France, I always leave the lights on travel mode, I am unsure if it really meets the French night driving requirements, although I do have a certificate of conformance from VW, which cost about 90£ to obtain.
A new vehicle after 4 years must pass the Control Technique in France, rather like the MOT in UK, subsequently the control is then every two years.
I took my T6 to the local CT last week when we were having anorher vehicle checked, just to ask the technical guy if he thought I woukd need to change the lights for its first CT test next June when it will be 4 years old.
He thought the lights wouldn't need changing, although he didn't test the lights. I think he was just making that view based on what he saw and I said re the travel mode and the fact it has a conformity certificate.
When I go to get it really tested I will just take my certificate of conformity, have it switched as usual to travel mode and cross my fingers... as it will be expensive to get a new LHD set, especially as the Cali is due to be sold 6 months later back in UK. (I normally change each 4 years before the 5 year guarantee extension runs out)

I've imported my T6 Ocean 204 4x4 with Led lights to France, I always leave the lights on travel mode, I am unsure if it really meets the French night driving requirements, although I do have a certificate of conformance from VW, which cost about 90£ to obtain.
A new vehicle after 4 years must pass the Control Technique in France, rather like the MOT in UK, subsequently the control is then every two years.
I took my T6 to the local CT last week when we were having anorher vehicle checked, just to ask the technical guy if he thought I woukd need to change the lights for its first CT test next June when it will be 4 years old.
He thought the lights wouldn't need changing, although he didn't test the lights. I think he was just making that view based on what he saw and I said re the travel mode and the fact it has a conformity certificate.
When I go to get it really tested I will just take my certificate of conformity, have it switched as usual to travel mode and cross my fingers... as it will be expensive to get a new LHD set, especially as the Cali is due to be sold 6 months later back in UK. (I normally change each 4 years before the 5 year guarantee extension runs out)
It will be interesting to hear what the result of the Control Technique examination is. I have a Highline T6 with LED and like you run it in travel mode when in France. I think that mode simply brings the lights down to a flat dip pattern.
It does however show up as a 'fault' when the vehicle electronics are scanned. I believe that is only to remind owners to reset it back to the vehicle's native pattern. If you want to see a print out of how travel mode shows when the vehicle is scanned please let me know as I have VCDS.

Back