Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anyone put a set of the white alloys on a sage green and white 6.1

Richgoldfinch

Richgoldfinch

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Hi, the van has finally arrived in the dealers on the standard 17 inch wheels. I couldn’t upgrade to 18 inch when I ordered the van as it took it over the WLTP weight limit (?!) so i am fitting them retrospectively. I like the look of the chrome/white wheels but not sure if they would suit the sage green/white paint job - has anyone out there fitted a set and could share a photo or two please? Thanks Richard

7E68311E-2027-4943-B8FE-28C613A347A0.png

Sorry but I haven’t got any pictures for you but I have got a set which will be coming up for sale shortly if you’re interested

Hi, the van has finally arrived in the dealers on the standard 17 inch wheels. I couldn’t upgrade to 18 inch when I ordered the van as it took it over the WLTP weight limit (?!) so i am fitting them retrospectively. I like the look of the chrome/white wheels but not sure if they would suit the sage green/white paint job - has anyone out there fitted a set and could share a photo or two please? Thanks Richard

View attachment 89035
I once had a set of White wheels on a White Astra GTE back in the 90's. God they looked amazing, my mates looked on with total envy. I used them for a week and then tried to remove Brake dust from a White wheel. It was hard work and they constantly looked dirty. You might have a chance in a dry climate but in the UK they will no longer be White by the time you leave the street you live on. I love customising and they do look amazing when just cleaned but they are not practical in my experience.

I once had a set of White wheels on a White Astra GTE back in the 90's. God they looked amazing, my mates looked on with total envy. I used them for a week and then tried to remove Brake dust from a White wheel. It was hard work and they constantly looked dirty. You might have a chance in a dry climate but in the UK they will no longer be White by the time you leave the street you live on. I love customising and they do look amazing when just cleaned but they are not practical in my experience.
I used to do a quick clean if my vehicle wasn't being washed that particular week, but I have never had any difficulty getting the dirt off the wheels.

View attachment 89035
If you use the search function on top of the forum. Put in Two Tone, on p16 you'll find a whole series of pictures of a sage green and white California fitted with the chrome and white wheels. In fact on the preceding pages there is virtually every single colour that you can get a California in, fitted with special chrome and white wheels.
I think you need to be a VIP member to have the facility to use the search function.

Sorry but I haven’t got any pictures for you but I have got a set which will be coming up for sale shortly if you’re interested
Hi @Gary&Heather
I would be very interested in purchasing your wheels if you want to PM and send a picture (of the wheels )

Hi @Gary&Heather
I would be very interested in purchasing your wheels if you want to PM and send a picture (of the wheels )
Hi

I will try and get some photos tomorrow if that's okay. I purchased these from Germany just under a year ago only used them for summer taken off the Cali for winter and stored in the garage Cali will be going at the end of the week so not needed anymore.

Gary.

Hi

I will try and get some photos tomorrow if that's okay. I purchased these from Germany just under a year ago only used them for summer taken off the Cali for winter and stored in the garage Cali will be going at the end of the week so not needed anymore.

Gary.
@Gary&Heather
Very interested if you pm me I will send you my email and mobile.
Greg

If you use the search function on top of the forum. Put in Two Tone, on p16 you'll find a whole series of pictures of a sage green and white California fitted with the chrome and white wheels. In fact on the preceding pages there is virtually every single colour that you can get a California in, fitted with special chrome and white wheels.
I think you need to be a VIP member to have the facility to use the search function.
From that page
20200423_184827.jpg

Looks fab - I love those wheels and they go very nicely with your van.

Back