Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anyone replaced the USB media port in a T6?

Aidy P

Aidy P

Don't play that 'What If?' game, you'll never win!
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
The USB port in the centre console of my T6 Ocean is starting to fail. I’ve tried multiple new leads and the same problem happens that connection drops unless I ‘waggle’ the lead. Very frustrating as I use Apple CarPlay for Waze when travelling.

Has anyone replaced theirs? How easy and how much does it cost please? Thanks

I have replaced it multiple times, once when upgrading head unit, then I modified my original facia plate to take a non VW USB connection and an audio Video Jack interface. Then when down grading prior to trading in I refitted original unit, bought replacement guts off of ebay from a LHD unit and fitted then in a the RHD body.

This is what is behind the lozenge shaped facia panel on a 2017 T6 Beach

I have replaced it multiple times, once when upgrading head unit, then I modified my original facia plate to take a non VW USB connection and an audio Video Jack interface. Then when down grading prior to trading in I refitted original unit, bought replacement guts off of ebay from a LHD unit and fitted then in a the RHD body.

This is what is behind the lozenge shaped facia panel on a 2017 T6 Beach
Thanks. How easy is it to replace please? I’m not very technical.

Where is your USB interface located? is it the lozenge shaped one just under the glovebox

It’s in here …

IMG_2042.jpeg

Mine was here

So I don't know how to get to the back of yours sorry

VW_T6_Comfort_Dash_Upgrade1-600x600.png

This video shows how to fit comfort dash which is where your USB is

Thanks. It’s this … port. It looks like it should just clip out.

IMG_2045.jpeg

This video shows how to fit comfort dash which is where your USB is
Watched the video thanks. 21 minute 20 seconds it shows the inside of the cubby hold but the USB is blanked off. I may risk trying to flick it out with a screwdriver

It does look that way...but you will probably have to (use a trim tool) and remove the gearstick gaiter and then the larger surround to change the usb socket. unplugging it before removal, the green round connectors can be a bit of a pain

Back