Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sorry Now Sold Upgraded stereo for T5.1 with apple car play

andyinluton

andyinluton

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Replacement head unit from a T5.1 SE, the photos show it as I was in the process of removing it hence the trim not shown fitting exactly. Thats dust on the photos, there are no scratches.

Fits in about 15 minutes, prise out dash tray, undo two screws, pull fascia trim towards you, undo 4 screws. Pull radio out, unclip cables, fitting new one is the reverse of the above.

The unit has built in bluetooth with its own microphone.

I was told when I bought it that the unit was designed apparently for the Belgian market & taken out of a brand new Polo.

The photos below show most of the features, I replaced the basic radio CD in the van with this.

Steering wheel buttons - paired perfectly steering wheel controls worked the same as normal.

Its touch screen or use the scrolling knob up & down the menus.

Radio - does not support traffic news or auto retuning as you loose a signal.

Phone - has built in bluetooth & microphone, works whether your phone is plugged in via a usb lead or just paired automatically via blue tooth. Features via CarPlay if plugged in include being able to dictate text messages & have incoming texts read out to you.

Parking sensors - my factory fit VW sensors still beeped as usual & there was a far better graphical display showing the van Outline.

Media mode - allows bluetooth pairing & streaming of music from phone with basic next track etc functions. - this can be a different phone paired than the phone used for calls.

Connected by USB - full set of usual car play functions, I hade maps, Waze and google maps on my phone, use any of them, also I use Spotify or Apple Music. Can have split screen showing Music and maps at the same time.

comes with Vw specific leads.

Am happy to post in a padded box.

Price £125 including postage.IMG_2179.jpgIMG_2180.jpgIMG_2181.jpgIMG_2182.jpgIMG_2183.jpgIMG_2184.jpgIMG_2185.jpgIMG_2186.jpg

Hi, do you know if this would fit a T5 or just a 5.1? Does the radio have DAB? Cheers.

Back