Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anyone using a Movelite Oxygen Awning ???

andyinluton

andyinluton

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
I am currently trying to decide which drive away awning to go for, need something reasonably large. I have ruled out the Vango sapera as it projects too far from the van to fit on a caravan club pitch, current favorites are an Outsell Hollywood or a Outdoor Revolution Movelite Oxygen 3 or the even larger kombi.

I cannot find anywhere within a reasonable distance that actually has one on display & I have concerns about the way the door openings line up, from what I can see the connection to the van takes up 2 panels of the tent only one of these panels appears to open. All the photos Ive found show vans with passenger side sliding doors, my worry is that with the door open, the opening in the van will be opposite the closed panel of the tent and the slid back door will be in line with the opening of the tent.

Has anyone got or used one of the movelites to confirm if this is a problem or not? It is not a problem on the outwell tents as they have double entrance doors on the connecting tunnel.

Andy
I'm in a similar position. There is a large camping equipment supplier in Norwich who should have the Movelite Kombi on display in a couple of weeks. Not entirely local to you but thought I would mention.

Hi Andy

I've just taken delivery of a ML2 - would that be any use as a reference or it it too small?

Mark

Mark
It would be a start! does the whole rear open on the 2 or just one side of it? I really want the Kombi but to be honest am struggling with justifying the £1100 by the time I've got a carpet & footprint. We think we really need the space if the whole family comes along. So looked at the ml 3 but its getting expensive by the time you buy the carpet , footprint and inner tent.

The outwell hollywood looks a reasonable compromise or do I go for the cheap & easy to blow up Outwell sandiego for a weekend away together with a Outwell California with all those poles and 80 pegs if we are staying somewhere for a week?

OK. No worries. As I say, I've just got it (yesterday) so I have this weekend set up for a test-inflate. I'll take some pictures and post them up.Just to confirm, you're interested in knowing how the bit between the van and the tent works. Side entrances, etc.

If it helps, here is a picture I took at the C&C show a few weeks ago.

Also, when I was looking I have the Outwell's on my list. In the end I went for ML because they have an "over inflation protection valve" (which I thought would come in handy as the air warms in the sun and expands) and a lifetime guarantee on the tubes.

Let me know if you want any more information or particular pictures at the weekend,

Cheers
Mark

IMG_0014.jpg

Thanks
Yes its the connection area & door opening that I am interested in.

Andy

I've uploaded some pictures to a gallery to save cluttering the thread. If it works, they should be visible here

http://vwcaliforniaclub.com/gallery/albums/outdoor-revolution-oxygen-movelite-2.19/

As you will see, I've set it up in the conservatory this morning as I was on my own and it is a bit windy here. That being said (and I appreciate it will be a completely different kettle of fish outside, with the van) the set up was really easy.

One of the things I preferred with the airbeam tents was the ability to be able to move and adjust them once inflated. One of my aversions to canvas is that I can never get the thing square / laid out correctly, so zips are always straining etc. With this, you blow it up, straighten it out (one man job) and finish pegging it out. .... anyway, that's my theory / hope.

I know you are considering a bigger awning, but from what I have seen, the Outdoor Rev' product is well put together and easy to set up.

Let me know if those pictures do the job or if you need any other info.

Cheers
Mark

I can't see your gallery. Apparently I do not have permission to view it?

How do I change the permissions Kev - it says private, but I can't change it?

Posted in line - Kev, if you could help me understand how to share an album for future I'd be grateful..

Cheers
Mark

Connecting access door open.jpg

Connecting access door.jpg

Door completely open.jpg

Door stored.jpg

Doors completely closed.jpg

Ground sheet flat for access.jpg

Left side open.jpg

Right side open.jpg

I'll leave that to martin I don't have a clue. I'm sure he will know

Many thanks, thats brilliant - I can see exactly what I was interested in.

Mark
We've been thinking that the movelite 2 would be big enough for us for an overnighter when all we need is somewhere to dump the 5th seat & portapotie, i have been looking on ebay & can't find anything that looks exactly like yours - the pic below is supposed to be a movelite2 2015 version but has no door on the connecting tunnel & the porch over the side door is a different colour. Can I ask where you got yours from as that door is important?
Thanks
movelite2.jpg

Hi

I think the picture you've got is from the Outdoor Revolution promo video's on their website, which predates the 2015 models. Like you, the side door (between van and awning) was an important feature, and so was one of the things I wanted to see from all manufacturers. Also like you, we wanted something to store bikes, roof boxes etc whilst we are out in the van when we tour in the summer. Something not too large, but large enough. I think (hope) the ML2 looks like a good balance.

I went to the Camping and Caravan show so that I could see all the contenders together (Vango, Outwell, Outdoor Rev', etc). I bought the Movelight 2 at the show, through Campingworld, Outdoor Revolutions dealer on the show stand. I got a "show" deal, which wasn't fantastic, but not bad considering it was a new model.

I believe the side door and inflatable storm porch on the tent door were additions to the 2015 range. When I was looking there were some very competitive deals on Movelite 2's (circa £275) but they looked like pre-2015 models like the one in your picture, and seemed to lack the feature above. I wasn't willing to take the chance.

I think the 2015 models have slightly more "glass" than earlier models too.

All of this is from piecing together what I can from promo pictures, much like yourself, so others may have better data.

If you want me to grab any pictures of mine or you have any questions I can help with, just let me know. Happy to blow it up and find out.

Cheers
Mark

Back