Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anyone yet got Beach Camper Insurance

Just taken out a policy with Comfort for our Beach (previously we've been with Safeguard).

Never had problems with Safeguard over the Beach model (ours is MPV on V5) and had no problems at all with Comfort. I even pointed out to them that on the V5 it is an MPV.

Just fixed this years + £307 with Admiral inc full business use for both drivers, inc AA UK+Euro breakdown cover, 9 years protected NCB. via a multi car policy; Also saved £100 on the wife’s car.

(Just Kampers wanted £460 for renewal this year, incl b/down and had stripped the cover back when you looked at the small print - ie camping equip, lost key & misfuel cover would have been on top of the renewal premium, but they were standard in previous years)

I just got a quote for my ocean assuming it comes early April from Caravan Club...£1950 assuming only 1000 miles a year...staggering...got a comparative quote from Safeguard £502 12000 miles a year pus other extras.....how can that be....I will still check some others but a good start ..well from Safeguard.

I just got a quote for my ocean assuming it comes early April from Caravan Club...£1950 assuming only 1000 miles a year...staggering...got a comparative quote from Safeguard £502 12000 miles a year pus other extras.....how can that be....I will still check some others but a good start ..well from Safeguard.
Can recommend seeking quotes from Comfort and LV

I've always found NFU good for covering anything thats not a normal car. Excellent service when I made a claim on our big white motorhome.

Admiral I now wouldn't touch with a barge pole - took 4 weeks just before xmas to sort out the mess when we insured the VW up in our daughters name, accused us of not declaring her accident & took an extra £800 premium from my bank account.

They kept saying the database showed she had had an accident & refused to accept that it was her twin brother with the same address Date of birth etc that had had a no fault accident.
We had to get his insurer to write to them with a print out from the shared database to show that they had misread it and confirm it was not her that had made a claim.

I've always found NFU good for covering anything thats not a normal car. Excellent service when I made a claim on our big white motorhome.

Admiral I now wouldn't touch with a barge pole - took 4 weeks just before xmas to sort out the mess when we insured the VW up in our daughters name, accused us of not declaring her accident & took an extra £800 premium from my bank account.

They kept saying the database showed she had had an accident & refused to accept that it was her twin brother with the same address Date of birth etc that had had a no fault accident.
We had to get his insurer to write to them with a print out from the shared database to show that they had misread it and confirm it was not her that had made a claim.
Noted

Off topic warning.
This reminds me if when I separated from my ex husband prior to our divorce.
I was the employee (international company) and wrote to HR to say we separated and he had returned to UK.
My next months pay slip was full of zero’s. So I gave payroll a call. “I’m sure this is just a slip up on paperwork”.
Less than half an hour later I had a call from the head of payroll for one of the largest international companies... they had deleted me from the system... full of apologies...
It could have been easy if we had BOTH worked for the company. But no, it was a ‘HE’ who was the trailing spouse and I, as the employee was deleted from the payroll.

I am so glad you got this sorted. But it’s just another example of how companies do not check details, jump to conclusions... and unless you realise you are being ripped off...

It has made me wonder about starting a charity to help folk in these situations...

Just spent 45 mins on the phone with Safeguard to be told at the end they can't offer a quote for a 6.1 Beach Camper because it doesn't have a fixed table or water on board. Does this sound right? If they don't insure Beaches, surely this could have been stated at the start of the call...

ETA: Safeguard just called back to say they *can* quote for the Beach Camper, and provided a quote with Highway.

Last edited:
Just spent 45 mins on the phone with Safeguard to be told at the end they can't offer a quote for a 6.1 Beach Camper because it doesn't have a fixed table or water on board. Does this sound right? If they don't insure Beaches, surely this could have been stated at the start of the call...

ETA: Safeguard just called back to say they *can* quote for the Beach Camper, and provided a quote with Highway.
Go to LV (Liverpool & Victoria)

you’ll get a decent quote and cover (Defacto 5*)

I need business-use cover and and keep my Beach parked on the street which restricts my choices.

Usually alternate between LV and Admiral.

Having had my SE on a multi car deal with Admiral (despite some reservations regarding “camping cover”) I’m in the process of changing to a Westfalia. Dealing with Admiral has been a pain as they classify the Westfalia as a van and attach a number of caveats normally associated with work vans, including not covering carrying hazardous goods. I asked if that meant I would not be covered in the event of a claim related to the Campingaz cylinder. Despite a verbal “ok” I am not convinced that they are worth the risk. I will probably go back to Comfort who at least know what a campervan is!
Anyone had a campervan claim with Admiral?

Having had my SE on a multi car deal with Admiral (despite some reservations regarding “camping cover”) I’m in the process of changing to a Westfalia. Dealing with Admiral has been a pain as they classify the Westfalia as a van and attach a number of caveats normally associated with work vans, including not covering carrying hazardous goods. I asked if that meant I would not be covered in the event of a claim related to the Campingaz cylinder. Despite a verbal “ok” I am not convinced that they are worth the risk. I will probably go back to Comfort who at least know what a campervan is!
Anyone had a campervan claim with Admiral?
I was with admiral for years when I had a cali as I needed work cover and very few would insure you when you tell them your a tradesman.

Now with safeguard, great if you need breakdown cover etc been with them for few years now.
Asda came out with an amazing quote which I may look into when my renewal is due as have VW breakdown now.
It was just easier to pay £30 difference and keep old policy when I swapped vans.

Have you a collection day yet?

I was with admiral for years when I had a cali as I needed work cover and very few would insure you when you tell them your a tradesman.

Now with safeguard, great if you need breakdown cover etc been with them for few years now.
Asda came out with an amazing quote which I may look into when my renewal is due as have VW breakdown now.
It was just easier to pay £30 difference and keep old policy when I swapped vans.

Have you a collection day yet?
Waiting for a day … should be next week

Waiting for a day … should be next week
Nice
If you want somewhere to camp local to campersales I’ve stayed at stoneywish nature reserve in ditchling.
It’s just a field with some toilets, basic but £8 for the night.
Then you could check out ditching beacon/South Downs amazing views see pic7F4DB406-CBB3-40E7-83AA-C5A818928509.jpeg

Nice
If you want somewhere to camp local to campersales I’ve stayed at stoneywish nature reserve in ditchling.
It’s just a field with some toilets, basic but £8 for the night.
Then you could check out ditching beacon/South Downs amazing views see picView attachment 94706
Might give it a try, ta.

Back