Insurance commercial or not!

Taylor

Taylor

The Taylor’s Beach
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi
Picking up our Cali beach this week so trying to sort insurance! Started with comfort insurance as there is a lot of positives on the forums, only to be told by them they won’t insure it as not a motor caravan!
They are telling me it a commercial van!
Has any one else had this issue? I’m seriously worried as I was led to believe I’m buying a camper with all the benefit of speed limit etc.
Comfort are saying unless it say motor camper on the logbook it commercial! I haven’t got a log book yet as I haven’t taken delivery yet! Can anyone confirm what they have on there logbook please? Apriciate any help advice you can give as stressed now☹️

My Beach is Motor Caravan on my V5 if memory serves

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

The Beach can be a problem with insurance because it is, on the V5 classed as a Motor Caravan under type approval gained by the manufacturer, but does not have the cooking facilities, etc., that most people think it needs to qualify.
Comfort should be used to Beaches though.
Are you looking for business cover, because that has been the stumbling block for me and some others on the forum, particularly with the Beach.
Adrian Flux seen to manage to sort it though.

Thanks for this, I don’t want Buisnes cover! At least I’m happy it’s classed as M1 motor caravan

I used comfort with my beach no problems. Definitely motor caravan on v5