Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Are my awning arms in the correct position?

fluff34567

fluff34567

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Sitting at the campsite and noticed the awning arms are different distances from the edges of the awning.. had something shifted or is it normal? All seems tight though.

20240707_212343.jpg

20240707_212404.jpg

20240707_212416.jpg

20240707_212430.jpg

Next question is why? Thinking aloud If using an awning room you would have more space with the forward arm further out.

Wondering if the spring tension on the awning support legs for stowage is determining the position?

Will have a play when I'm back home.

If you
Next question is why? Thinking aloud If using an awning room you would have more space with the forward arm further out.

Wondering if the spring tension on the awning support legs for stowage is determining the position?

If you fit a Thule room you need to move the front arm to edge to make it fit as that’s designed to clamp on the edge of the awning.

If you do move the arms though you would find that the room sold in the club shop won’t fit.

The other thing is that the factory position means the drivers door doesn’t hit the awning arm when opened.

Wherever you position the arms the important thing is to make sure that the distance between the arms is identical at both ends to ensure it winds in correctly.

I noticed the same on the weekend and wondered why distance to the edge is different.

It’s so you can open the drivers door.

Thanks for all the replies and the logic , yes playing around with a string I can see the corner of the door would hit.. pity