Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Some questions re awning.

L

Laidback

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
A couple of questions
1) When awning is extended the rear extension arm is close to end of fabric, but the front extension arm is about 12 " in from end of fabric, is this normal??
2) In the channel that the extensions arms fit when closed up, there are 2 plastic sliding clips, where should they be located, I assume they should line up on the knuckle joints of the extensions arms, is this correct??
thanks.

1) are your describing the fact that each awning arm does not open up into a straight position, if so that is normal.
2) correct, they should be quite close together such that the knuckle locates in them when closed up. This should help stop rattles. In theory.

A couple of questions
1) When awning is extended the rear extension arm is close to end of fabric, but the front extension arm is about 12 " in from end of fabric, is this normal??
2) In the channel that the extensions arms fit when closed up, there are 2 plastic sliding clips, where should they be located, I assume they should line up on the knuckle joints of the extensions arms, is this correct??
thanks.
Normal.
The awning extension arms are not fixed symmetrically and do not open fully such as they are straight.
The plastic sliding clips are anti-rattle, replacing 2 foam pads. Normally positioned either side of the meeting point of the 2 folded arms.
They fit here. Thule instructions on positioning them.

Attachments

• Manual_Spare_Part_1500603187_-_Positioner_Spring_Arm_Manual_VW904-00.pdf
    410.9 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
A couple of questions
thanks.
1) My arms are not an equal distance from the awning fabric edges. No idea why!

1) are your describing the fact that each awning arm does not open up into a straight position, if so that is normal.
2) correct, they should be quite close together such that the knuckle locates in them when closed up. This should help stop rattles. In theory.
Hi MrT, thanks for your reply, but am not referring to straightness of arms, but their distance when straight, in from the front and rear edges of the awning fabric.

I think it is because the arm nearest the awning winder is the Leader and the other a follower

Normal.
The awning extension arms are not fixed symmetrically and do not open fully such as they are straight.
The plastic sliding clips are anti-rattle, replacing 2 foam pads. Normally positioned either side of the meeting point of the 2 folded arms.
They fit here. Thule instructions on positioning them.
Thanks WelshGas, sorry but for some reason can not download/see the Thule instructions.

Thanks 2haw, yours appears to be same as mine, thought for a moment that the locking arrangements had come loose.

Thanks WelshGas, sorry but for some reason can not download/see the Thule instructions.
Strange. Never mind - here they are.
E52CDF0F-EF26-49E4-82B5-67A9A019EDD7.png

The arm nearest the front of the van is inset more to stop the drivers door hitting it when the awning is out.
If you use one of the thule rooms the arms need moving to the edge of the canopy but you get a much bigger footprint than you do using something like the comfort room which is designed for the arms in the factory position.

Thanks Andyinluton/Loz great info, concerns now resolved, and thanks to all that contributed.