Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Are they really “the best”?

Hi all, I have been looking at buying a Cali now for the last few months and have been out to see a fair few.
I can honestly say I’ve not looked at one that hasn’t got something broken, be it tears to the roof, broken cupboard doors and that tambour door thing seems to be a terrible design as most are broken or won’t open properly.

The vans I look at are well looked after vehicles, regularly serviced and maintained but the camper interior seems to be the weak link.
Factor in the possible issues with the Bitdi engines (of which there seems to be many for sale and not shifting), the higher cost of buying one and the older van for your money I’m now starting to look at other converted vans.

Do people tend to find the interior a bit on the fragile side?

Anyway, apologies for the rant, maybe I just need reassurance that my Cali hunt is not in vain.
Well have a lookout, andnmore importantly talk to converted owners. Thing do go wrong.
BUT for your information I would never buy another Clai, everything that you have mentioned plus sat nav radio problems has gone SOUTH ON MY 2015 180 PS wee wee POT VAN. SO DON'T CONSIDER ONE IN MY OPINION. GOOD LUCK

Is that what you call a ‘polar cali’? :)

Looking ahead to the future, how would you feel doing that kind of trip in a Buzz?
The batteries in an electric van would die very quickly at those temperatures...I'd rather have the T6

Back