Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Aren't Westys brilliant

sidepod

sidepod

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
It's all very quiet on here. Everybody out and about enjoying their rides?

Here we are in sunny Slapton after three nights in very sunny Padstow. (Squeezed 80hrs out of the batteries).
Monkfish curry simmering away on the Cadac.

Life's brill.

S.

Good man. Don't need to spend £50k!

Love Slapton Sands...

Living the dream :)

has been a glorious summer, filled with the black stuff, bike crashes, Lancasters flying overhead and probably the best baked beans I've ever made, cooked on an open fire. We almost ran over a family of wild boar on one occasion too.

Even passed her MOT.

And now the engine is in bits again. Well, what were you expecting?

Received a genuine VW head gasket from the lovely people at Cowland today, hopefully that will solve the problem. Will find out next week.

Enjoy the fish ;)

Ah the inner circle are tuned in.

Dan, WTF? Not more mech woes?

We are loving the South West. We moved here from Oxenford in April. Such a great playground.

Every night we spend in our Westy is a peach. We should've be in Southern France now on our annual trip but we had to abort last minute.

Anyway the lab pup is snoring and the chocky pud is done. Think my luck is in with the finest lady I know.

Goodnight chaps.

S.

Nothing new, head gasket has been leaking gas into the coolant system since the rebuild. New head is okay, block looks okay, so hopefully new gasket will fix it.

Enjoy, can't wait to get back out in ours!

Wow 80hrs out of ya battery :clap are you running solar panels to it! I fitted a new leisure battery last year and lucky to get 2 days out of it?
Hoping to get one more weekend out my Westy before its garaged for the winter with maybe the odd run about just to put that smile back on me face......

Batteries. A bit of an obsession for me. It always seems after ten minutes on the pitch the display falls from fully charged to a couple of bars under. A bit frustrating for two x 75Ah gel batteries less than three years old.

I've never tested it to the limit so I've no idea how accurate the display is?

Anyway after 80 hours (fridge set at 5 deg /ambient 19deg and sunny)I had one bar left and 11.8v. It may have gone on for another half day, maybe more?
More testing required. I don't know at what point the fridge drops out? I think the heater stops at 10.5v.

S.

We were out this weekend, staying about 50 miles away up at Findhorn on the Moray coast. Brilliant. 6yo up in roof, 7mo in cab bunk, parents comfy and snug on the mattress topper.

Best decision I made was chopping in the panel van conversion for the Westy, can't beat the practicality. To do list starting to grow though:

- New fresh water sensor
- Seat covers, so I can be less OCD and let the kids eat in peace!
- Offside rear caliper - handbrake lever sticking
- Get outer sills blasted and painted, keep on top of the orange stuff...

Maybe I should've bought an older van to start with though, my problem is trying to "let go" enough and stop freaking out about the kids making a mess or spotting a new scratch/dent. Must chill out, must chill out :headbang

My better half insists on slamming the fridge closed. Why????
Just close it gently and press. Done.

Gggrrrrrrrr!!

Thankfully Westys are indestructible.

S.

Back