Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

At a Loss!

Final update on this thread and a shout out for Liverpool Van Centre.
My 2021 Coast had the issue with the leisure battery not charging and the dealer had my van for about 3 months before throwing the towel in and admitting defeat. The van was then sceduled to go to the Technical Support Centre in Milton Keynes. But after a further month of waiting it was put back for between 6 to 8 weeks due to illness and staffing levels.
So the towel was thrown in by me and I decided to have the van replaced which is an almighty pain in the bum but there we are. Swansway at Liverpool did not quibble at all and agreed to pay me back what I paid for the van in full. I was informed that van prices have since gone up but I would not be paying any more for my replacement. I took the opportunity as well of spec’cing my van up with a few more options. I still intend pursuing VW for some additional compensation for this kerfuffle. What do you think I should be justified in compensation?
Just read this through for the first time and feel for your pain. As an electrical engineer I am baffled with their diagnostics or apparent lack of. There is so much test kit about these days I find it difficult to reason why they haven't resolved it. A current drain can be identified with a datalogger attached to the battery and measure the Ampere level of drain over a period of your choice. If it exceeds the design spec which it does obviously, then it is a laborious process of elimination of the cause. A circuit diagram is a must but these are available! When they designed the bloody thing the amount of standing current drain would need to be at a low level that it is manageable and unlikely to inconvenience you the customer?

Good luck mate.

Difficult, because I don’t think dealers selling you a van really care about customer satisfaction, they will just want to take you through legal necessities. If it’s the factory at fault then the dealer won’t see it as compensation that should come off their books. If you can get a 2 year extended warranty and 2 free services I’d be very happy.
In reality all you’ve lost is time, and had the opportunity to perfect your California with more options. If your new California is perfect I suspect this sorry episode will quickly recede.
Can I ask what options you decided to add?

I decided on an electric sliding door ( for the soft close ) 17” Woodstocks, heated seats, LED’s and fogs

Round about 3800 worth of options. My van has the power close (the last little bit) for free. Did yours not come with this or did you want the "beep beep" door?

Ocean to Coast delta was around 6k a year ago (from memory) now looks like 9k. Always configure an Ocean and compare with the Coast you want and look at how much the extras will cost you.

Back