Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

At last we have joined "the good life".

Borris

Borris

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi everyone. I am Borris AKA Paul and my wife is Paddy (Patricia).
Finally after 2-3 years of research we have just done it. It being join the VW California Club and buy a California.
We recently visited SMG VW at Tonbridge and saw the excellent and very knowledgable Laine Watts. After he had comprehensively shown us around their latest demonstrator he mentioned the then up and coming Calis on the farm event. We decided to get up at silly o'clock on the Saturday to drive down from Kent to attend as day visitors. We felt that this would help to complete our research and enabled us to bother as many owners as we could with our silly questions. We were made to feel very welcome and everyone was extremely helpful and encouraging. Whilst at the event we saw Laine who had brought with him the very same pearlescent black 180dsg 4motion California SE demonstrator. After having sat in it drinking his coffee and scoffing his biscuits we decided to stop faffing around and buy it.
Whilst I am sure that we are not the first, we have decided to call her Margot. We have even ordered a Jerry to go under the sink. The only problem is that we have got to wait until the end of September before we can get our mitts on her. Thanks to all those of you that offered advice and encouragement.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations - and I love the name! Welcome to the best club around :D

As with Maud, the name is lovely and welcome to the good life ...

Welcome, start planning the trips .......
....but what is a jerry ...to go under the sink?

Welcome, start planning the trips .......
....but what is a jerry ...to go under the sink?

Margot and Jerry were characters in a very popular UK TV series many years ago (called "The Good Life")... might not have made it to Belgium!

Welcome Borris and entourage!

Welcome to the club Paddy and Paul
Lovely colour van you have got yourselves
I bet the wait until September will be testing to say the least
Just don't get carried away and buy to many toys ;)

Alan

Welcome to the club Paddy and Paul
Lovely colour van you have got yourselves
I bet the wait until September will be testing to say the least
Just don't get carried away and buy to many toys ;)

Alan
Hi Alan,
Yes, the wait is going to be excruciating.
We have just been to the dealer today to talk about the add ons and sign on the dotted line. We are trying to limit ourselves to the essentials, just to get ourselves started but it's only a matter of time before we are seduced into buying some toys.
Best wishes Paul

Welcome Paul & Pat, waiting til Sept is a pain but it will be worth it:thumb

Welcome to the Good Life

Very good times ahead for you two, welcome to the club