Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Well, we have arrived

D

Derek Patton

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Well, we have arrived.....it did take a bit longer than expected but I’m pleased to say that after several years of researching, planning, visiting several Camping & Caravanning Shows and a couple of California Club meets, plus all that saving, etc etc we are now the proud owners of a Reflex Silver 180 DSG California with 5th seat (necessary for the grandchildren), an awning, and a Tow bar. (for the boat we plan to get after winning the Lottery).
We held off our Introduction until we had “ironed out” a little glitch which, I’m happy to say, was solved with the help of Bognor Motors, where we purchased the ex rental California and SMG Cowfold,
SMG had replaced the roof which had been damaged by one of Bognor’s renters.
The “glitch” was a leak which we discovered on our planned “shake down” weekend....got drenched when we opened the hatch and started to open the roof !!!!
Thought it was the seal on the roof, which had worked loose, so adjusted it, but after another attempt to use the van we knew it was something more radical.
That’s when we called in the experts.
Oli, at Bognor Motors arranged for SMG Cowfold to look at the problem.
He supplied a courtesy car whilst the chaps at SMG, with the help of VW, diagnosed the problem, a hole in the sealing around the roof bars!!! DOH !!!
Glad to say all OK now and we are back on the road.
Have yet to reschedule that “shake down” weekend, and since we have booked for the “Calis on the Farm” Meet in May, will squeeze in a weekend before Easter.
Thanks to Martin and Kev for their encouragement, suggestions and support, and hope to see lots of Members in May if not before.
Regards
Derek & Thalia

Great to have you onboard Derek.

Enjoy the Cali, see you in May :thumb

Welcome to the 'gang' :bananadance

Great to see some good Customer Service from two respected companies, an example that should be followed by others.

Hello and Welcome :hello

Glad Oli and SMG sorted the problem.

Oh where are the pics??

:clap

Just posted a pic

Dear Carreg ...thanks for your welcome note.
You asked for a pic, so I've just uploaded one...us outside Calridges, Mayfair....note it was OUTSIDE ...but I just thought we'd pretend to be regulars !!! Have we bluffed anyone?

Re: Just posted a pic

Derek Patton said:
You asked for a pic, so I've just uploaded one...us outside Calridges, Mayfair....note it was OUTSIDE ...but I just thought we'd pretend to be regulars !!! Have we bluffed anyone?

Good photo Derek, you should of put the roof up though :lol:

Like u said its taken several years ,but you got there in the end ....:)

Re: Just posted a pic

Martin said:
Derek Patton said:

Good photo Derek, you should of put the roof up though :lol:
:goodone
DOH !!! Never thought of that idea ...wait a minute.....that's right..couldn't do it as this was taken before we had the leak fixed. Will bring camera to the Calis on the Farm weekend for a "proper photo shoot"