Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

August in Portugal and Spain

J

JenJ

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hi
Have us a fine cali beach (2021) and 2 little kids (2 and 6).
We have to be in Lourinha (just north of Lisbon) at end of august, so, hoping to ferry to north Spain and travel for a week or so in each direction.
Question: is it too hot for little kids in august in a Cali beach camping through Spain and north west Portugal?
Pics for attention!

0954CC88-D541-4E76-993C-839A6779C47F.jpeg

B5BE275D-0CE7-4985-A088-19374770048E.jpeg

EE0A186B-F435-4C2D-8B76-37ED503A6CCE.jpeg

Reactions: Sad
Personally I wouldn't worry. I'd keep it in mind (prepare) but not avoid it. In real hot weather when we haven't been able to sleep well because of the temperature, the kids have always slept like... well..babies. We have had nights where we'd slept with the sliding door and back door open though (Corsica). Make sure they hydrate, use sunscreen often, give'm a chance to swim and find shade when needed. Maybe a wet hat or t-shirt when it really gets hot. Don't overdo the sightseeing, etc. I would think it's harder on the parents then on the kids.

We have done that area in late August early September on a motorbike and it can be quite warm. Everything unzipped trying to get some cool air. At least you have air con. You really never know what it’s going to be like until you actually do it. Take a decent fan to blow on the children at night but I’m sure it will be ok. We will be in Spain east coast then through the centre to Santander mid to late September. Have a great time..