Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Aux Heater Level 10

holliers

holliers

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi

Fiddling around with the Auxiliary Heater this weekend whilst camping. I've seen lots of posts saying "the heater is excellent, we have it on 1 and it keeps us warm" (etc) and my experience is that "1" is indeed toasty.

So I though I would see what "10" was like. Answer, no noticeable difference. The heater got going, lots of wooshing, then it settled down to a cozzy waft of warm air.

No admittedly, it wasn't "Heater level 10" weather, but I was wondering if the above is normal? Is there some kind of thermostat that ensures "Level 10" is only achieved when it is minus 40 outside?

Not a major issue, but I guess better to find out if something isn't right before we do need it.

Any thoughts grateful received,

Cheers
Mark

Mark

So far I've only tried 1-4 settings. While away recently got a bit cool and I put it on at 4 wow thought we were getting baked within a few minutes, turned it down to level 1 and it was a tad cool again after a while so bumped it up to level 2 and that was just perfect for late evening till bed time. So it 'appeared' to have a regulated level for each setting at least 1 to 4 but never tried it any higher so can't help I'm afraid re your test at the full setting. Maybe some of the other members who have been away skiing etc would know.

David

Thanks Scarpa.

There is another thread running with similar content over here for reference viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6984

Seems as though the "Level" might refer to the length of time the blower ... blows.

Cheers
Mark

Back