Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Auxiliary Heater switched itself on?

Doorbundle

Doorbundle

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
When putting frost covers on windscreens of other vehicles last night I heard the Auxiliary Heater in the Cali starting up.
Outside temperature was around 0 to -2C.
No-one had been in the Cali for about a week, no program is or was (Or ever has been) set on the Control Panel.
On entering the Cali the heater light was lit, the level was at 7.
Blower running & just heating up.
We have never had to use it above level 3.
We used plip keys to access the other cars.
Might it have picked up a 'rogue' signal?
Is the Aux. Heater / vehicle 'Frost protected'?
Checked again today, all normal and it activated correctly with both the control panel and the Aux. Heater Remote.
Has anyone else experienced this?
We're baffled.

When putting frost covers on windscreens of other vehicles last night I heard the Auxiliary Heater in the Cali starting up.
Outside temperature was around 0 to -2C.
No-one had been in the Cali for about a week, no program is or was (Or ever has been) set on the Control Panel.
On entering the Cali the heater light was lit, the level was at 7.
Blower running & just heating up.
We have never had to use it above level 3.
We used plip keys to access the other cars.
Might it have picked up a 'rogue' signal?
Is the Aux. Heater / vehicle 'Frost protected'?
Checked again today, all normal and it activated correctly with both the control panel and the Aux. Heater Remote.
Has anyone else experienced this?
We're baffled.
It might have been triggered by one of the other remotes. You could try testing each one.
When the Control Panel is actively Switched Off and then On, the Parking Heater defaults to Level 7.

It might have been triggered by one of the other remotes. You could try testing each one.
When the Control Panel is actively Switched Off and then On, the Parking Heater defaults to Level 7.
Thanks WG, I tried the other remotes earlier today, both vehicles are parked close to the Cali.
No result!
Thanks for the info re Level 7.

Back