Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Aux heater problem

Victor_Tango_

Victor_Tango_

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi all,

Sorry if this has been answered but I can't find anything similar after searching.

Until today the parking heater was working fine on battery and on hook up. (Including last night and this morning on hookup).

I've just arrived in chilly Yorkshire, parked up, hooked up, turned heater on. All fine - started ticking and blowing hot air - only the orange light on the switch didn't come on and the symbol on the control panel is flashing. Now it's switched itself off and won't respond to "switch-on" or "switch-off." "Status" says "Error - No programme."

I have a 2007 Cali, which has had the earth shunt fault fixed.

Anyone had this issue?

Brrr!

Press the lower right button (back button)on the control panel for 5sec , reset the control panel could be a fault.

You are back on hook-up?
Try it off hook-up...

That worked! (Pressing the back button for 5 secs). Warming up nicely already!

Lifesaver, thanks hotel, and thanks for the suggestion Mike.

That worked! (Pressing the back button for 5 secs). Warming up nicely already!

Lifesaver, thanks hotel, and thanks for the suggestion Mike.

It means your heater got a fault somehow and went in safe mode , keep an eye on it if it does it frequent.
Always run your heather a long periode and frequent use it on high setting (buring it clean) not just five minutes.(like a car short distance is not so good)
Try not to switch it off when it is turning "full" power , switch it off when it has stopt heating by itself and cooled down ( the fan is stopped turning)
One can perfect head off driving with the heater still turning or start it up while driving getting close to stop...

Back