Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Aux Heater Remote time on

J

Jayne

Vehicle
T6 Beach 102
Hi can anybody help please
Remote on heater turns on for 10 mins when pressed is there any way to change operating time as 10 minutes hardly warms Cali thanks if you can

Should stay on until preset temperature reached.

Have you tried different temperature settings?

The remote will turn on the remote heating to that previously set inside the van.

Not sure if they’re the same but the 6.1 manual suggests this is normal as you may have you’re setting at 10mins. You can adjust anything up to 120mins...

B331799D-5033-4553-8077-E5BA7119CDEC.jpeg

As RickFizz says you change the temperature and run time of the ‘Heat Immediately’ option in the settings menu. You need to have the key in the ignition to do this.

The key fob remote turns on the ‘Heat Immediately’ option.

If you use the ‘Continuous Heat’ option, it stays on until you turn it off.

As RickFizz says you change the temperature and run time of the ‘Heat Immediately’ option in the settings menu. You need to have the key in the ignition to do this.

The key fob remote turns on the ‘Heat Immediately’ option.

If you use the ‘Continuous Heat’ option, it stays on until you turn it off.

The key fob turns on whatever heating option was used last - not just Heat immediately. It could also be Ventilate or heat continuously.

Not sure why anyone would need to pre heat the van for more than 2 hours though?

The key fob turns on whatever heating option was used last - not just Heat immediately. It could also be Ventilate or heat continuously.

Not sure why anyone would need to pre heat the van for more than 2 hours though?
That's interesting because mine certainly doesn't! It always switches on heat immediately.

I'm certain of this as I switch it over to heat continuously when I get in.

Good afternoon,

I have to look this up in the manual again.

If I switch on the heater with the remote control it always starts at level 7. But it never stops after a time.

My issue is that sometimes level 7 could be a wee bit too much. I thought I read somewhere in the Forum that the heater switches on in the last level chosen (T6). This is certainly not the case with my van. If the last level was level 2 and I switch it on the next das with the remote control it will start on level 7.

But beside this it is handy to heat up the van and get rid of the ice and frosty windows.

Happy warm California,
Eberhard

T5 & T6 do run until switched off, I'm sure it even says in the handbook that it starts at the last temperature it was set to. Mine certainly did.

Just as a test, you can sit in the van & turn it on & off with the remote & see what it restarts at.

Good afternoon,

If I switch on the heater with the remote control it always starts at level 7. But it never stops after a time.

My issue is that sometimes level 7 could be a wee bit too much. I thought I read somewhere in the Forum that the heater switches on in the last level chosen (T6). This is certainly not the case with my van. If the last level was level 2 and I switch it on the next das with the remote control it will start on level 7.

But beside this it is handy to heat up the van and get rid of the ice and frosty windows.

Happy warm California,
Eberhard

I'm not certain but I think that it comes on at the last preset temperature if you press the remote just once. If you do a double press or a long press it goes to level 7 or max.

Good afternoon,

Happy warm California,
Eberhard
If you switch the Control Panel Off at any point then the Temperature Level is reset to Level 7, no matter what the last used setting was.

Back