Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awning for GC 680?

Mark C

Mark C

Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hi,

I want to buy an air awning for our 680, I have been looking at the vango air hub hexaway 2 tall but I’m just not sure if its the best option with the sliding side door. I have also looked at the Thule panels for the Thule awning we have but just can’t decide which way to go.

any thoughts advice on what to buy would be very welcome.

Mark..

How many people ? If no more than 2 don't bother with the hexaway. You will use it twice and sell it. Side panels all day long

Hi,

I want to buy an air awning for our 680, I have been looking at the vango air hub hexaway 2 tall but I’m just not sure if its the best option with the sliding side door. I have also looked at the Thule panels for the Thule awning we have but just can’t decide which way to go.

any thoughts advice on what to buy would be very welcome.

Mark..
Morning Mark, unable to comment on the Vango however re Thule I purchased the side rain/shade panel. This really works well. However the van is tapered and the panel is square so will not fit. So I fitted it and scribed a line about 2” off of the side of the van ie cut to shape. Took it to my local sail maker who seemed the edges. Looking forward to picking it up today.

Thankyou both for your replies, their is just the two of us. Side panels sounds like the way forward. Thankyou

Back