Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Vango hexaway awning door height

Jolberg

Jolberg

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all

Does anyone know the door height of the vango hexaway awning? I've seen a measurement suggesting it's 1.85m but it's a bit unclear whether that's the door height or something else above the door. I'm quite tall and I find many awning door heights too low and make me duck down all the time.

Or does anyone have a different quite large awning with high doors?

Thanks in advance.

Jol

When attaching to the van, the low height Vango’s are designed for that, as the awning or awning rail, are fairly low.
If you are referring to this height, then lower is better.
I am not sure of the height of the other doors. But expect the ones in a Vango Kela that are fore and aft of the sliding door, will also be lower that what you are suggesting, as they are close to the attachment rail...
Maybe I am misunderstanding the question...

Thanks for the answer. I was really referring to head room height of the external facing doors mainly to try to work out whether I’d need to duck much every time I went in and out.

Thanks for the answer. I was really referring to head room height of the external facing doors mainly to try to work out whether I’d need to duck much every time I went in and out.
I have two photos of our Hexaway. It looks like headroom will be about 6 feet.

1594497128086.png

1594497274867.png

Do you mind me asking how tall you are and whether you notice the need for ducking to get in and out of the awning?
I'm 6' or 1m83. I can't recall ducking or a brush of the top of my head.

The open door in the daytime photo gives the best indication of height.

This gives the height of the crease above the door as 1m85

1594548636643.png

And the white piping in the daytime photo looks to be about 6 cm below the crease. But the white piping and the black flap is merely a drip cover for the zip which will be somewhere between the crease and white piping.

I'm 6' or 1m83. I can't recall ducking or a brush of the top of my head.

The open door in the daytime photo gives the best indication of height.

This gives the height of the crease above the door as 1m85

View attachment 62718

And the white piping in the daytime photo looks to be about 6 cm below the crease. But the white piping and the black flap is merely a drip cover for the zip which will be somewhere between the crease and white piping.
Thanks very much.

Sorry but you’ll probably have to duck. I just set mine up and the middle of the door is 175cm. If you forget to duck, then it’s a comedy-twang: preferable to the bang-scrape of a head hit on the sliding-door-blind.

Back