Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awning Problem Glued Joint Separated

Kitesurfer

Kitesurfer

kitesurfer
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
While we were on holiday in Amsterdam, the weather was very hot & when we came back from a bike ride we found the awning had separated at the glued joint aprox 500mm from the awning unit .

We contacted our local VW garage Benfield Motors to book the Cali in to be checked out.
On inspection of the awning, Benfield Motors then contacted VW warranty department, who gave the go head to replace the awning unit.

Very happy with VW service to replace the awning unit.

IMG_0741.jpg

You're not the owner who has had this problem. I just do not know why there is a join at that point and why it is not reinforced and not just glued. At least VW sorted it out quickly, although saying that, the awning is made by Thule/Omnistor who are a major player.:thumb

You're not the owner who has had this problem. I just do not know why there is a join at that point and why it is not reinforced and not just glued. At least VW sorted it out quickly, although saying that, the awning is made by Thule/Omnistor who are a major player.:thumb
While we were on holiday in Amsterdam, the weather was very hot & when we came back from a bike ride we found the awning had separated at the glued joint aprox 500mm from the awning unit .

We contacted our local VW garage Benfield Motors to book the Cali in to be checked out.
On inspection of the awning, Benfield Motors then contacted VW warranty department, who gave the go head to replace the awning unit.

Very happy with VW service to replace the awning unit.

View attachment 10138
Hi Kitesurfer
This happened to us too... twice! Both times replaced under warranty. The second time we had a bit of a grilling from the dealer who thought we were doing something wrong. I agree with WelshGas it feels like a problem that doesn't need to happen. I feel for you but, rather selfishly, it makes me feel better as it can't be just be me being cack-handed. That has been known but perhaps not in this case.

Back