Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awning seam came apart in the heat

Tracey Johns

Tracey Johns

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I just wanted to share a happy outcome with you all.

on holiday this year in the heat the seam on our awning came apart - a sun shade that melts in the sun!
we glued it with the only thing we had with us at the time, false nail glue lol, it worked quite well to be fair.

I've just sent it in to VW for a warranty repair and they have replaced the whole awning and the new one seems so much better - thicker, so less likely to crease when being wound in, and with no seam!! we are so happy!

thank you VW!!

:thanks

Very nice to have a good outcome :thumb

My 2016 Beach was affected the same way - the glued seam in the awning melts in Mediterranean heat. VW changed mine in the same way and i now have a single piece awning .... and it does not rattle. My advice is if you have a version with the glued seam get down to Italy and make sure it resists the sunshine - they will replace it if under warranty otherwise.

My 2016 Beach was affected the same way - the glued seam in the awning melts in Mediterranean heat. VW changed mine in the same way and i now have a single piece awning .... and it does not rattle. My advice is if you have a version with the glued seam get down to Italy and make sure it resists the sunshine - they will replace it if under warranty otherwise.

I was thinking along the same lines, just need a nice trip to make it happen ;-)

Mine, with the seam has coped with Italy this year with temperatures upto 40c no problem. Only problem was the Plastic block that secures the legs - costs 79p from VW.

Think it would be cheaper to buy a spare new awning or risk waiting for that once in a while hot day in UK;)

Ours started to split in Germany in September so didn't need any heat, going to be replaced on warranty in 2weeks time with a seamless one. May 2016 ocean

Back