Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awning rail stoppers

Aidy P

Aidy P

Don't play that 'What If?' game, you'll never win!
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I’m wanting to easily hang a sheet / tarp on the non door side of my van when we go to France in the summer to shade that side of the van (and especially the fridge). As it has an awning rail, I’ve seen these ‘awning stoppers’ that are an M4 size. Has any used them and found any problems with rigging shade in this way? I thought they’d also be useful for hanging a washing line too. Thanks

I’m wanting to easily hang a sheet / tarp on the non door side of my van when we go to France in the summer to shade that side of the van (and especially the fridge). As it has an awning rail, I’ve seen these ‘awning stoppers’ that are an M4 size. Has any used them and found any problems with rigging shade in this way? I thought they’d also be useful for hanging a washing line too. Thanks

They look handy. We use the outwell hillcrest tarp for shade on that side - it slides into the awning rail. Pricey but very light and strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They look handy. We use the outwell hillcrest tarp for shade on that side - it slides into the awning rail. Pricey but very light and strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve looked at the Hillcrest tarp. It looks good but didn’t want the expense and don't think we’d need to covered sitting spaces (unless we have an argument!!). We bought this beach blanket last year that we use in the awning, so we have it in the van. It packs down to nothing too. Was thinking of using this to connect to the stoppers and the awning rail. All in all a circa £20 shade solution.

Back