Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

AWNING

CampingHulk

CampingHulk

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Good morning guys!

Hope everyone is well?

I have a question regarding the awning (at this point I'm presuming it is the original VW one that came with the van - a 2016 California Ocean).

So, when I arrive at site and wind out the awning to it's full extension our canopy is not tight. It doesn't sit down tight on the arms. The result is that in any kind of wind (or even light breeze!) it flaps about which in turn is noisy and has the legs and awning case rattling and banging away.

What I'm hoping is that someone knows how I go about tightening it so that the canopy is taught and under tension when fully extended.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers all.

Good morning guys!

Hope everyone is well?

I have a question regarding the awning (at this point I'm presuming it is the original VW one that came with the van - a 2016 California Ocean).

So, when I arrive at site and wind out the awning to it's full extension our canopy is not tight. It doesn't sit down tight on the arms. The result is that in any kind of wind (or even light breeze!) it flaps about which in turn is noisy and has the legs and awning case rattling and banging away.

What I'm hoping is that someone knows how I go about tightening it so that the canopy is taught and under tension when fully extended.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers all.
You need guy ropes or straps from the top of the awning legs. Peg those down with Rock Pegs, as well as the base of the legs, then wind the awning back to tension it.
Like this.

If it’s anything like ours, a new 6.1, you don’t wind to full extension. You wind to just before that when the awning is as fully out as it needs to be and tight. You can wind past that but it just does as you say and goes slack. Just wind it back a tad until it’s tight. Job done.

Back