Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wind out awning

john eagle

john eagle

Eaglehead
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi, does anyone know if there is a kit to reduce the gap between the sides of the wind out awning and the van?,see photo.
Also on the awning arms when winding out it reaches a certain point when the awning becomes tight if you continue to wind out to get arms straight the awning then sags, is this normal?
Thanks
John

F3590B64-81E0-49F7-9CA7-0C940FD27456.jpeg

Hi, does anyone know if there is a kit to reduce the gap between the sides of the wind out awning and the van?,see photo.
Also on the awning arms when winding out it reaches a certain point when the awning becomes tight if you continue to wind out to get arms straight the awning then sags, is this normal?
Thanks
John

View attachment 63537
Yes. Wind it out. Peg the legs and you should use a Tie Down kit and then wind back in to tension the awning. You cannot do this effectively without a Tie Down.
If the arms are straight you might have problems winding back in.

As far as the awning arms being bent yes thats how they are supposed to be. Wind the awning out as far as it will go then wind it back in slightly until the material goes tight. And with the side panels ours has a small gap but the material touches the side of the van so much so that its very tight when the side door is opened. Ours is a Comfortz room and velcros together.. Is yours the same make? I imagine all makes are different...

I’m not near my Cali at the moment but need to confirm the brand and model number of the wind out awning. I believe it’s a Thule Omnistor 5102. Can anybody confirm? My van is a California Ocean T6.1 (MY21)