Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awnings

R

rachynewts

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I’ve had my T6 Cali since June and would like to purchase a “drive away awning” for our trips next year. Any help on which one is best, would be much appreciated? Thanks in advance

There are sooo many threads on this topic, did you try the forum search function first?

This is the latest I believe:
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/drive-away-awning-for-winter-use.21501/#post-245385

We picked up the Kampa Travel Pod Motion Air VW 2017 as a real bargain. And it is really good for our need. But it all depends on what you want (Size, weight, inflatable or poles, floorless or not, inside cabin option, etc.), so my best guess is too narrow your question to have a look at the other posts first.

There are sooo many threads on this topic, did you try the forum search function first?

This is the latest I believe:
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/drive-away-awning-for-winter-use.21501/#post-245385

We picked up the Kampa Travel Pod Motion Air VW 2017 as a real bargain. And it is really good for our need. But it all depends on what you want (Size, weight, inflatable or poles, floorless or not, inside cabin option, etc.), so my best guess is too narrow your question to have a look at the other posts first.
Thank you, I’ll check it out

I’ve had my T6 Cali since June and would like to purchase a “drive away awning” for our trips next year. Any help on which one is best, would be much appreciated? Thanks in advance
As has been said you should refine your requirements.
1. Just for storage?
2. Extended living space but NO sleeping?
3. Sleeping?
4. Winter use?
5. If for winter use as living or sleeping space then be careful using it with Diesel Parking heater as the exhaust is on same side as awning.
6. Many campsites , especially in UK/Northern and Mid europe may not allow fitted/non-removable ground sheets because of damage to grass pitches. Not normally a problem in the warmer southern countries.
7. Lastly, how many will be pitching the awning. If just 1 then consider an Airbeam type, if more than 1 then either will do.
Lastly the bigger the awning then the less storage in the vehicle when travelling.

As has been said you should refine your requirements.
1. Just for storage?
2. Extended living space but NO sleeping?
3. Sleeping?
4. Winter use?
5. If for winter use as living or sleeping space then be careful using it with Diesel Parking heater as the exhaust is on same side as awning.
6. Many campsites , especially in UK/Northern and Mid europe may not allow fitted/non-removable ground sheets because of damage to grass pitches. Not normally a problem in the warmer southern countries.
7. Lastly, how many will be pitching the awning. If just 1 then consider an Airbeam type, if more than 1 then either will do.
Lastly the bigger the awning then the less storage in the vehicle when travelling.
That’s brilliant, thank you and hubby is now on the case doing more research

Back