Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

awnings

P

Paddyjv

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach 199
I am trying to move my VW Beach awning from the right/drivers side to the left, passenger side, but it looks as if the bracket at the back tapers the wrong way. any advice?

Given that non-California vans have the awning on the ND, the bracket in question must exist.
I assume you have tried contacting Thule? ;)

I am trying to move my VW Beach awning from the right/drivers side to the left, passenger side, but it looks as if the bracket at the back tapers the wrong way. any advice?
Given that non-California vans have the awning on the ND, the bracket in question must exist.
I assume you have tried contacting Thule? ;)
The California and a Transporter Conversion with pop top have completely different roof structures. I'm not sure a Transporter bracket system would fit a California as it would foul the roof elevating section.

The California and a Transporter Conversion with pop top have completely different roof structures. I'm not sure a Transporter bracket system would fit a California as it would foul the roof elevating section.
Of course, I should have thought of that. Thanks for correcting me. :thumb

I feel sure however that I have read on here that somebody has flipped their awning. If so that would suggest that a bracket is available, maybe the one alluded to by @secret lemonade drinker?

The only way you can do it is drill out the rear bracket rivets and change it around to angle the other way

Back