Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

B+E license: photocard vs DVLA web page

estresao

estresao

Vehicle
T5 Beach 4Motion
Hi all,

I got my driving license on 1987 at Spain and, some months ago, I've exchanged it for a full GB one. My driving license was B1, so the new one it's, obviously, B1 in my GB one, but I've notice that according to DVLA web page I've got B+E and could tow a trailer up to 3500 kg.

The point is that my new GB photocard says nothing about B+E. I now in UK you can tow a "B+E trailer" if you gained your license before 1997, and I guess that also apply somehow in my case. I'm interpreting I could tow such a trailer inside UK, but I cannot do it abroad due my photocard description. Am I right?

If your actual license does not say B+E you cannot tow 3500kg

I have dealt with this previously at work on behalf of some eastern europeans.
If your Spanish licence stated 3500kg it should have been transferred over. If it didn't, as far as DVLA are concerned you got your GB licence after 1997 so the Grandfather Rights letting you tow 3500kg do not apply.

I agree, actually my Spanisb lecense had no E category (categories are exactly the same there and hede) but why DVLA web page related to my driving license states I've got E? that's what confuse me

Back