Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bacalhau & Tapas

BerndRos

BerndRos

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Continuing to run my new engine in while doing an Iberian trip at the moment.

Left Alcoutim and drove up through , Mertola & Beja and then past Cuba and onto Evora for a couple of nights. Lovely town and very historical. Well preserved Roman Temple. An Orbitur camp site within walking distance of the town at 8 euro a night.

Then up through Alentejo region with its cork trees & vines and over the 25th April bridge and a stop off at Belem, then onto Estoril for the final round of the ELMS racing series. Free camping there.

Monday morning and off to Sintra & the coast for a look around prior to settling in for 5 nights at Camping Lisboa, 59 euro total and a bus outside to and from the city of Lisbon. Walked and explored Lisbon for 4 days and had an interesting time. You can eat and drink cheaply in Lisbon as long as you go for value over style. Saturday over the 25th April bridge which is a look alike for the Golden Gate Bridge and built by the same company. Went to the Rio look alike monument and went to the top for great views of Lisbon and the Tagus. Stopped off near Setabul for a Sword Fish lunch followed by a vineyard tour prior to heading home to Alcoutim for a few days.

Weather warm but a little rain.

Today drove from Alcoutim to Seville and will have a good look at the old city. Stopped at a docks secure car park which is manned 24/7 at 12 euro a night, need to be safe from burglars in big cities in Spain. Then off to Valencia, stopping off on the way after 250 miles and will sleep free at lovely Alcaraz where I have stopped for the night before. Then onto Camping Coll Vert near Valencia with a bus nearby which goes to the city. Will take a couple of days to look at the historic centre.

Then to Valencia circuit for next weekends final round of the MotoGP, all three championships are decided but will be a sell out weekend.

Then through centre of Spain and back to Alcoutim to park Cali up and fly to U.K.

Cali going well, weather is still ok for shorts and no need to use my Pucer topper or the heater.

Sounds fantastic, wish I was doing likewise. Taking mine to the LM24 next year, and friends have decided to rent 5 more T6 Cali's for the trip. Can't help but feel some sort of T6 racing is on the cards... :eek:

Would love nothing more than to hop from circuit to circuit following the various motorsport circuses. Could happily spend a whole summer doing it.